Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios No way to apply for a Barclays Premier account on their App

• SonicTPA 3 posts

I’ve followed all the links and it says you have to download the Barclays app to apply for the Premier account.

I’ve downloaded the app, but when I open it, there’s just a button to register the app to an account or card you already have. I’ve tried deleting it, downloading again etc. I’ve even tried it on an iPad. Each time it just has a button to register.

There are several people who have commented that the same is happening to them. So how do I open an account?

Btw, there’s no option in the barclaycard app to open a premier account. And if I register my barclaycard to the Barclays app, it still doesn’t give me an option to open a Premier account.

It’s v frustrating.

bruinbrown 59 posts

There’s 2 parts to the Barclays Premier Avios, there’s the premier bank account which can be opened in branch, online, by phone. Then, once you’ve created an account and can see the account in the app then you can opt into the Barclays Avios Rewards within the Barclays app.

SonicTPA 3 posts

I think I’ve worked it out.

You can only apply for an account during office hours. If you try and use the App outside of those times it only gives you the option to register.

Do it during the day and there’s another button that appears that says “new to Barclays” which is what we’re after.

cska 55 posts

You can only apply for an account during office hours. If you try and use the App outside of those times it only gives you the option to register.

Do it during the day and there’s another button that appears that says “new to Barclays” which is what we’re after.

What’s the reason for wanting to use the app rather than site? Am I missing something?

Alex G 435 posts

What’s the reason for wanting to use the app rather than site? Am I missing something?

If you use the app, you should be able to get the account up and running straight away. If you apply through the website, you have to wait for a passcode and/or debit card through the post before you can register for online banking.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.