Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Onefinestay £1000 spend – cost £300?

• Ash 621 posts

Has anyone used their £200 Onefinestay credit that comes with the Platinum card? Is it processed like the dining credits eg make the spend and Amex credits your account the offer amount?

I received an offer on my Gold Business Card – spend 1000 onefinestay get 500 back.

Trying to ascertain if there is any way of triggering both offers and have 1000 stay cost 300.

Wiseoldman 69 posts

I think the £200 has been withdrawn.

meta 1,439 posts

It probably has as Rob points in the article, but under offers on my Amex I have two onefinestays offers one of which says valid till end of 2028, so I’m not so sure anymore.

It wasn’t £200 though, it was $200.

polly 289 posts

I actually spoke to Amex plat today, who actually said it’s still showing as a current offer. You just have to enrol in it. We are using it tonight to add an extra payment in Bali. They moved us to a new villa, which is not as nice, but costs an extra supplement. Not best pleased, but at least it will be covered.

@Rob
    , seems it is still live.

_aDifferentSimon_ 85 posts

It’s a stay by date according the T&Cs. How does amex know that? Is it like an airline where a fair bit of info is passed to amex? Or can I assume if I’m billed by 31/3 I’ll be OK?

Ash 621 posts

Is the $200 offer linked to the Platinum card – i.e do you have to pay with the Platinum card or can you use another Amex card and still get the $200?

meta 1,439 posts

You obviously have to use Amex Platinum.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.