Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Paying HMRC (and others) and getting points – beginners explanation please

• kt74 42 posts

There are heaps of new (but who knows how reputable?) cards flying around that give cashback of sorts for HMRC, but that’s not the point of HFP, so they won’t be covered here. Someone mentioned Juni somewhere in this forum. Jeeves was all over my InstaFace timelines telling me 3% HMRC cashback opening offer

Anyway, Curve works for anyone who has to pay 30k or more tax, and it’s a business expense, plus 1% cashback for 6 other retailers. Deffo works for me, pays for itself

For CoT, what’s the cost of incorporating as an Ltd Co? £13 for a confirmation statement, plus the cashflow benefits of not paying tax till 9 months after y/e? I mean, it pays for itself, no? Also, sole trader – *so* tax inefficient – best go get some accounting advice…

cinereus 161 posts

There are heaps of new (but who knows how reputable?) cards flying around that give cashback of sorts for HMRC, but that’s not the point of HFP, so they won’t be covered here.

I beg to differ. That’s very much the point of HfP and especially the forums.

Things like Jeeves and incorporating might make sense if you have an actual company, these are personal taxes (sadly nowhere near Curve breakeven ignoring the £10k/month limit) but not much use for those of us who use sole trader just to get business cards.

The Urbanite 118 posts

What about Lanistar, when is that coming 😁

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.