Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Perks at Work – any tips?

• M 29 posts

I just got access to perks at work, what are some interesting deals you used there? I know it can be different depending on employer, but would still be interesting to know.

Carlos 758 posts

It takes 4 weeks to register the in store card discount feature

Reney 766 posts

A few recent ones:
    – new fridge was 15% cheaper from the corporate deal
    – new dishwasher was 5% cheaper plus 1 WoW point per £ on linked card
    – car rental in Idaho in May was cheapest at time of booking, but I now see similar prices elsewhere
    – one hotel rental in the US was the cheapest by about £10 but I went elsewhere as I had rewards to redeem
    – 10 WOW points per £ at Lululemon sometimes
    – triple stack with airtime and virgin on previous Morrisons and sweaty betty deals
    – 25 WoW point per £ at selected Tesco over Christmas
    – discounted gift cards and odeon tickets

Whenever I make an online purchase I always compare the c@shback equivalent rate between PAW, estore and TCB and see which one comes out best before buying.

aseftel 269 posts

You can share your access with friends and family through an invitation portal in the settings.

Not all Perks at Work accounts are created equal. When my wife and I both had access through different employers, the discounts were different.

Some employers are not at all diligent about terminating your access when you leave the company. Change your login to a personal email address.

SamG 1,644 posts

Not much to add other than their support is excellent – I had an issue with the Tesco x25 points (it seemed to end a bit early) but they credited the difference (a significant amount with no quibble) and I’ve had a couple of things not track which they fix no problem

Do check everything carefully- e.g. their Samsung corporate discount was beaten by the public website due to a cashback offer they had on for example

I use the Sainsbury gift cards a lot – you can do a £50 ecard per online shop + I have a reloadable one for instore. Not sure if it’s just my local but you need to use it at a cash+card self service till

They also sell e-Mastercards for 1x point which I buy with my HSBC WE to “double dip” if I’m doing things like payments to electricity- only occasionally though as I imagine abusing those could get you shut down !

Andrew. 481 posts

You can share your access with friends and family through an invitation portal in the settings.

Not all Perks at Work accounts are created equal. When my wife and I both had access through different employers, the discounts were different.

Some employers are not at all diligent about terminating your access when you leave the company. Change your login to a personal email address.

That’s an absolute top tip. I have two log-ins. One from an employer I left over a decade ago, one for my current employer. The older one has *considerably* better offers than my current one.

I have had some amazing deals over the years, once had a weeks Purple Parking at Heathrow in August discounted to under £9 after all rebates by clicking through from PAW via Holiday Extras.

Some great deals with Dell turn up that stack with the Amex offers.

One tab that’s missing from a lot of PAW is “Corporate Pricing on Hotels”. This is when you can access your company’s negotiated rates at some major hotels – these usually include breakfast and are *sometimes* eligible for points.

Bobri 14 posts

Deals I’ve used:

* Instant e-codes for supermarkets (when I ran out of Monese gift cards)
    * Very good discounts on SSD at Samsung on black friday
    * Hotel rates are sometimes competitive
    * Gift cards to pay taxes (would appreciate any hints on alternative uses)
    * Occasional Deliveroo discounts
    * Lululemon double stacked with Amex offers

M 29 posts

Thanks everyone, looks like it is a useful addition to the points earning arsenal!

dst87 264 posts

Now I’m sad my employer doesn’t offer this benefit. It sounds quite valuable.

Steven 80 posts

Try asking them, it is free to sign up to.

dst87 264 posts

Try asking them, it is free to sign up to.

I mentioned it to my HR person today so fingers crossed!

Technically my husband and I still have our own company… I wonder what would happen if I tried to register that? 🤔 Perhaps available perks scale based on the number of employees?

Carlos 758 posts

Is the US version any better than UK?

toddy 113 posts

Are you sure they don’t offer a similar proposition? Lots of these on the market e.g: perkbox, Lifeworks, Edenred, blue light card discounts, benefithub, vivip etc.

Some will save the ‘top offers’ for larger employers and/or those that purchase additional services e.g Employee Assistance Programmes.

You can set up an Individual account with PAW here:
    Click here
    You just need to add a company name *cough cough*

Reney 766 posts

Can someone remind me if NHS staff can join PAW? I seem to recall there was a link?

Andrew. 481 posts

Can someone remind me if NHS staff can join PAW? I seem to recall there was a link?

Yes, they can.

But don’t just accept a random link from anyone. Some trusts have enhanced PAW, others just have the generic. You must register using the link from your HR/Staff Benefits portal if your trust has the enhanced version.

Carlos 758 posts

Does Virgin + PAW offers work together?

Andrew. 481 posts

A card based rebate will normally stack with an in-store rebate and an open-banking rebate.

It gets problematic when you have multiple in-store rebates such as PAW, Airtime, Virgin ShopsAway, or BA Executive Club.

They might all work together, but the T&C’s state that they won’t.

davefl 1,223 posts

Virgin CC and PAW did stack at Morrisons for me last week. Took a few days longer to appear in PAW than on the Virgin app

riguphoto 4 posts

I’ve just signed up using my work email for my 1-person sole trader business. No idea if I have “full access”, but at least the barrier to entry is very low.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.