Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Plat Car insurance doc?

• zapato1060 637 posts

Hi, is there a pdf or car insurance documents for Plat car insurance that I can print out. My car hire company later this month states it needs to see before I can decline theirs?

RCHammer 64 posts

I think it is part of the amex platinum travel insurance document (CDW section). You can generate an insurance certificate via the insurance benefits centre acessed via the insurance link at the top of the page once you log in to your Amex Platinum account.

So the route is Benefits & Help > Insurance > Platinum Benefits > Insurance > Insurance Benefits Centre > click here to explore your benefits.

I’d send you a link but I don’t think adding links to posts work on this forum?

zapato1060 637 posts

Much appreciated RC

Ash 621 posts

Is it a criteria of the Platinum’s insurance car cover that the car booking has to have to be paid for the with the platinum card?

zapato1060 637 posts

Is it a criteria of the Platinum’s insurance car cover that the car booking has to have to be paid for the with the platinum card?

No. Only to cover the flight do you have to have to have paid it on Plat.

RCHammer 64 posts

Actually you only need to use an Amex, e.g a BAPP, not necessarily a platinum to be covered for flights. For car hire I believe any payment form is covered

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.