Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Platinum £200 Travel Voucher on hitting spend targets … any issues?

• BogginsDad 16 posts

I referred my wife for this and she hit her £6k target in Oct and immediately booked some accommodation via the Amex site. The credit has yet to land and this is preventing us cancelling her card… Have live chatted half a dozen times and called. Always an offshore team for whom English not the first language. This is my first experience of shoddy Amex service. But we’re seriously put off by this.

Has anyone else had issues with this? The booking is in Dec and wondering if the payment of the credit only happens after the stay – of course no-one I’ve contact knows…

BogginsDad 16 posts

The £200+ booking has been paid in full a month ago when I booked. It’s not a reservation that is charged when we get to the hotel.

BogginsDad 16 posts

Hmmm. OK. Let’s try a different question. Has anyone seen this successfully applied to their account? Was it for a flight or a hotel? How long after the purchase did it arrive?

ag 26 posts

Similar scenario to you. Never seen any offer appear for this as such but chat said just to spend it and it will come off. Booked a flight 1 week ago for £300 but nothing has come off as yet.
    Will chase them up but am expecting to be told it had to have shown as an offer for it to work.

supergraeme 128 posts

Booked a hotel last week for £209. From memory I was able to select the voucher as part of the booking (it didn’t show when my booking was under £200), but I paid in full and the credit appeared within about 48 hours.

islington234 15 posts

I referred my wife for this and she hit her £6k target in Oct and immediately booked some accommodation via the Amex site. The credit has yet to land and this is preventing us cancelling her card… Have live chatted half a dozen times and called. Always an offshore team for whom English not the first language. This is my first experience of shoddy Amex service. But we’re seriously put off by this.

Has anyone else had issues with this? The booking is in Dec and wondering if the payment of the credit only happens after the stay – of course no-one I’ve contact knows…

Are you cancelling the card in the first year itself? Not worried about clawback? Would really love the perspective.

RTS 124 posts

Did you all tick the option to apply the £200 travel credit when you made the reservation?

QwertyKnowsBest 301 posts

Similar experience to the original poster. Two calls chasing and just told to wait. Booked a £800 flight through Amex, met all T&Cs.

Did take the precautionary step of a live chat before booking to confirm the £200 would be paid. Torture as the agent had no clue, but eventually had a B&W confirmation would be paid, so have the transcript available if not paid.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

The credit should show on Amex Travel when a) you are logged in and b) you’ve done a search. It won’t show on the home page. After searching, next to your name, top right, it will say ‘Travel Credit’.

BajanNation 25 posts

I’m rather confused by the Amex Travel site. I can see my £200 credit when I do a search so that’s good. But when I try and search for flights, the prices are astronomical e.g. c.£6,000 to Tbilisi or even around £3000 for a return flight to Glasgow. What on earth am I doing wrong or is it just not possible to get sensible flight prices with Amex Travel? The hotel prices are more sensible.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.