Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Platinum elite experience

• blueskiesahead 64 posts

I have used the recent offer with IHG to temporarily upgrade to platinum elite . We just the most wonderful experience at Crowne Plaza Yas Abu Dhabi. Upgraded to suite . Double welcome amenities. Last day I had booked a simple room with points , just while awaiting a late night plane . This too was upgraded to the suite allowing us to stay in the same room and lounge access. Welcome amenity for the reward night stay too.

My question is was all this treatment because we were platinum elite? If so I will definitely pursue the current offer

Many thanks

Pangolin 106 posts

Does the CP have a lounge? I’m interested in hearing people’s experiences of being granted lounge access in CP properties, as either Diamond or Platinum.

I completed a 3-night stay at a HIX on Wednesday which gives me 15 nights for the Diamond status (I was Platinum when I signed up). However, 2 days later the stay is only showing as pending and hasn’t produced the night credits needed to trigger the status upgrade.

Tomorrow I’m going to ATH to stay at the IC. I was hoping I’d be made up to Diamond by the time I arrive, so that I could get the free breakfast.

blueskiesahead 64 posts

Does the CP have a lounge? I’m interested in hearing people’s experiences of being granted lounge access in CP properties, as either Diamond or Platinum.

I completed a 3-night stay at a HIX on Wednesday which gives me 15 nights for the Diamond status (I was Platinum when I signed up). However, 2 days later the stay is only showing as pending and hasn’t produced the night credits needed to trigger the status upgrade.

Tomorrow I’m going to ATH to stay at the IC. I was hoping I’d be made up to Diamond by the time I arrive, so that I could get the free breakfast.

The lounge access was the rooms were suites. The lounge was quiet , often only ones in there .Food offering was much tastier and more generous than the Hilton Yas Island .Breakfast in the main hotel restaurant.

PeteM 714 posts

My question is was all this treatment because we were platinum elite? If so I will definitely pursue the current offer

Being Platinum Elite will have helped, of course. It would have also depended on how busy the hotel was, how new it is, what mood the person allocating rooms was in, often how much the check-in person likes you…

You can do many things to help your position and having status certainly helps, but even as a Diamond I will often get a chocolate/water and nothing else – if the hotel is full, there really isn’t much they can do. Similarly if they decide to do the bare minimum, they can offer the same room but on a higher floor, which for some hotels counts as an upgrade.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.