Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Points transfer query

• moody 38 posts

I seemed to have missed a trick and didn’t transfer points to Player 2 prior to the New Year. I now need to transfer ~125k. Are there any restrictions which would stop me transferring the 25k to a third party, who would then transfer on to Player 2?

Guernsey Globetrotter 585 posts

From Marriott article https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22159
    “You can transfer up to a maximum of 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy® Points, per calendar year, to other Accounts
    A Member can receive up to a maximum of 500,000 Marriott Bonvoy® Points, per calendar year, from other Member Accounts, as long as the Accounts are in good-standing and have each been open for at least thirty (30) days with Qualifying Activity, ninety (90) days without Qualifying Activity”

moody 38 posts

Thanks, can’t see anything there that would stop me but just wondering if anyone has any practical experience of this working?

Tom2 113 posts

The 100k limit is not per account but in total. You can’t transfer more than 100k out of your account in any calendar year. They are very strict on enforcing this.

moody 38 posts

Thanks, that’s useful (and frustrating) to know – might look at buying some in that case

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.