Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Poor service and website

• Dan88 35 posts

I have to say, I am quite disappointment with Virgin recently.

I have been trying to book a reward flight in December and the app shows 4 seats available in upper class, albeit operated by KLM, which I’m fine with.
    I have tried to book them a number of times and each time I complete checkout, it fails with the error that the seats are no longer available.

I have tried calling Virgin 3 times, each time waiting around 2 hours in a queue, only to be cut off and having to start again.

It seems standards are not just sipping on the air!

CarpalTravel 363 posts

Their website is and has always has been poor. You must have missed the special time where they launched their redesign (around 2018 I think it was) and you couldn’t add children to a flight when booking, it didn’t work so they removed the functionality and left it so you had to phone them up. It was like that for days, if not weeks.

If that can make it through to a production environment, who knows what else they don’t bother testing.

Philondon 275 posts

If there are no points seats available on a flight it comes up with an error code instead of simply saying “there are no points seats available on this flight”.

Dan88 35 posts

I’d like them to stop showing the seats being available for points then if that’s the case

Sean Mc 66 posts

Had an email from them today about cost for cancelling a flight. Say if want to go ahead rely to this email and choose A or B. When try to reply get message back that email undeliverable to that email address. Couldn’t make it up.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Those flights almost certainly are bookable by phone – https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/06/10/booking-air-france-klm-with-virgin-points/

sparkind 7 posts

I’ve had exactly the same issue when trying to book an Air France flight to SGN. Seats show as available, gets as far as payment, then the ‘seats not available’ message – when they clearly are.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.