Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Potential flight cancellation? Getting a ba.com warning

• kcg 11 posts

I’m due to travel on a BA flight departing on Xmas day. (booked using Avios and companion voucher) Randomly today in manage booking, there’s a red headline saying “Due to increased uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, you may wish to change your travel plans”, with some generic options listed after that, and there is a rebook flight button directly underneath. In addition, my flight is highlighted in red, like if it was cancelled or the time was changed, but nothing was actually changed. When I clicked on the rebook button, it took me to the rebooking system (new version), I was able to rebook to any day within the usual ticket validity period. This seems very odd to me, as to why would BA allow me to change my flight for free…

Has anyone encountered this situation before, and whether the flight was actually cancelled in the end? I intend to travel on this flight so I just would like to look up alternatives in advance in case of potential cancellation.

pbcold 347 posts

My flight to MRU at New Year says the same – it looks precautionary for now but who knows……

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    RoyalHants 7 posts

Had a flight to France in early December and received the same message, flight went ahead with no issues so I assume this is just a precautionary message

kcg 11 posts

Thanks both! Good to know it’s not indicating cancellation necessarily.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.