Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Pricing options when redeeming upgrade voucher

• toomanylogins 11 posts

Hi,

So my Premier account upgrade voucher is now available in my BA account and I just tried to use this to book a European flight hoping to upgrade to CE.

Availability is fine on the route and if I try to book it as a standard redemption I get to the pricing page and initially am offered a rate of 27,500 avios + £1, but can change this to e.g 18,500 avios + £35, as I’d expect.

However, when I try to make the same booking using the upgrade voucher, it finds availability, acknowledges the upgrade to CE, but at the pricing page only offers me 27,500 avios + £1 with no option to change this.

Has anyone else seen the same behaviour? Is this correct and expected, or am I missing something?

Thanks!

iamlost 108 posts

Same behaviour on my Cabin Upgrade Voucher and a Gold Upgrade For 2 Voucher, so I assume this is how they’re intended to work (even though I’ve never seen it clearly spelled out in T&Cs).

toomanylogins 11 posts

thanks for the info – that’s really annoying as I’m most likely to use these vouchers on longer flights in Europe which are the few occasions that I get to travel alone.

NorthernLass 7,467 posts

Sounds like something’s wrong with the IT. The Lloyds voucher, which worked in the same way, gave you CE for the avios price of ET plus the RFS fee. It was redeemed via avios.com so maybe BA hasn’t set up its system up properly.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.