Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• ohanssen 31 posts

While not quite a ‘frequent flyer scheme’, I thought a question about Priority Pass fit here.
    It will be my first time flying for years tomorrow, and I just checked on my Priority Pass card to see it expired in October last year. I saw they extended them for a few months in 2020, but haven’t seen anything since. Can any confirm if they have not extended this?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Not as far as I know. PP did not cover itself in glory during the pandemic.

pbcold 347 posts

I turned up at the lounge @ BRI on Tuesday with my 80 year old mother only to be told that my PP was worthless in spite of the fact that access is advertised on their website.

briankeane 3 posts

Used the PP app at MIA departures a few weeks back, there were no eligible lounges but it advised $30 p.p. discount was available at “corona beach house” on concourse D on showing the card. It was a different concourse but we had loads of time. 20 mins later got there only to be told that p.p. cards that were issued by Amex were not valid, with a corresponding sign on the entrance dated 2019. Tried both amex issue p.p. cards that I had and sure enough they were declined.

Appears amex issued p.p cards are now 2nd tier and can be identified as such.

Mirp 41 posts

AMEX took away most priority pass restaurant credits in 2019 as probably it was costing them a fortune in the US.I think AMEX priority Pass still worked for awhile at the restaurant at Gatwick but who knows now. In the US some people also have priority pass issued by Chase Reserve and this cards work at restaurants.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.