Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Qatar getting angry on Twitter

• yonasl 952 posts

Since Qatar is now giving avios I will post this tantrum they are doing here:

https://twitter.com/qatarairways/status/1531564893173850112

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    189 posts

Who gave Akbar the Twitter log in?…

PeteM 715 posts

His Excellency Mr. Akbar Al Baker, PLEASE! 🙂

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    189 posts

On a more serious note, I don’t see Qatar winning this one. Whilst they’re painting the high court ruling as a win for them, everything I’ve read suggests Airbus are doing better:
    – Qatar has been ordered to pay 97% of Airbus legal costs
    – Airbus is allowed to continue attempting delivery of aircraft; if Qatar rejects them then it retains the right to resell these
    – Qatar wanted to split the trial into two parts but that has been denied too

The only thing Qatar has won so far is a sooner trial date – next year.

Of course the technical merit of the claims have yet to be tried but I struggle to see how every other aviation regulator is wrong on this.

JDB 4,339 posts

@Rhys obviously both sides are spinning the case, but the costs award relates to QR losing the application seeking an injunction to prevent Airbus cancelling the A321neo order, so costs naturally follow the event, but those costs are not relevant to the central paint issue. The latest decision feels quite significant in its findings re the nature of the defect and the judge urging resolution, mitigation of losses, including all parties to work with the local regulator. Quite a few messages to both parties that they need to resolve this before a full hearing in a year’s time.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.