Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Qatar Lounge access on BAEC Avios ticket

• MilesOnPoint 80 posts

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have first hand experience of accessing Qatar airways lounges at LHR and Doha on a Business class ticket booked using Avios via BA.com?

I can’t seem to find a definite answer as to whether you can get access to the proper “full fat” Business class Premium lounges (Inc Al Mourjan @ DOH) on a BAEC Avios Business class award ticket.

Planning a redemption for next year but will avoid a long layover if we don’t have access to a decent lounge.

Thanks in advance.

Lady London 2,045 posts

….”will avoid planning a long layover”. 🙂

Qatar Airways may well take care of that for you with schedule changes and equipment changes, they are prone to both. Many, many people cleverly planned a 2 hour or so connection only to find a Qatar schedule change left them with a 7-9 hour connection overnight.

Could just about work till they decided to withdraw decent lounge access ftom anyone who hadn’t paid a sheikh’s ransom (so to speak) for their flight.

Personally, I’d just give in and book a long connection and a hotel (flex) upfront.

gtellez 162 posts

I flew with them two weeks ago on a BA award ticket and accessed the good business lounge without problem.

MilesOnPoint 80 posts

True enough re: schedule change but ultimately I can’t control that, so at least from the point of booking I might try for a 2 hours vs 5 hours (LHR-MEL), there are multiple daily flights on both sectors.

@gtellez
    , glad to hear you got access to the QR Premium lounges without issue 👍🏻

aseftel 269 posts

This is the relevant thread on FlyerTalk (including a nice flow chart): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/2083447-lhr-t4-premium-lounge-access-revenue-customer-only.html

tl;dr: Redemptions are included as ‘revenue’ tickets in this context so you should be able to use the lounge.

MilesOnPoint 80 posts

Bang on the money, thanks @aseftel. Will take a look 👍🏻

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.