Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes QR Privilege Club FIFA 2022 World Cup offer teaser

• WaynedP 258 posts

Of course it’s all too easy to over-hype and under-deliver, and I have no idea if that’s possibly the case here.

This email I received today as a recent member of the QR loyalty program may appeal to the football fans among you.

“With less than 365 days to go until FIFA WC 2022, we at QR can’t help but want to share our excitement.
    We have an unmatched Privilege Club member exclusive coming soon, just in time for you to plan your FIFA WC experience.
    Be sure to stay tuned tomorrow and don’t let this unprecedented opportunity pass you by.”

Rob & Rhys may possibly already be aware and primed for this one, and no doubt tomorrow’s comments from HfP posters won’t be shy to hail whatever comes along as either a great deal or a damp squib 🙂

WaynedP 258 posts

Apologies, I should have followed up on this earlier in case any one was interested. So FWIW…

The email offer that I received as a Privilege Club member was to earn 100 bonus QPoints (the QR equivalent of BA Tier Points) on QR flights between 10 January and 5 December 2022 subject to registration for the offer (named “Feel like a Champion”). It seems to have been a one-day “book on Fri 10 December 2021” offer, but there are likely to be similar offers again in future, and the landing page also mentioned a bonus 100 QPoint offer on Qatar World Cup travel packages which include flights, accommodation and match tickets.

Seems like this could be a quick way to upgrade from entry Privilege Club level (Burgundy) to next status tier (Silver) which requires 150 QPoints, although I imagine that most people will probably prefer to accumulate BA Tier Points from QR flights.

rcanter 2 posts

To resurrect this old thread, I booked on 10/12/21 taking advantage of this offer and used the flights over Easter. I received the bonus 100 points on my first leg to DOH even after my original flights were rebooked (by Qatar). Both outbound and inbound legs featured delays, running between flights to make my connections and my bags were lost for three days either end. I have never had such poor luck with QR.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.