Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Issue with current account switch in the app

• apepat 1 post

Does anyone have an issue to do a current account switch in the Barclays app? It kept saying something went wrong when I tried to put my sort code in.

kaconym 22 posts

I had the same issue, and others have reported the same thing.

You have to be very careful to tap right at the start of each field, on the far left of the field. Where the cursor would appear to start typing, if you click slightly outside the field or further along the field (e.g the middle of the field) you’ll get the error.

I failed about 25 times before it finally worked once, so maybe just luck but that’s what finally did it for me. Either way been very unimpressed with Barclays tech during the application process and the small amount of time I’ve been using their app.

VerdantBacon 141 posts

Also had this problem, their tech is complete garbage for a bank of this size. Needed to attempt this over and over for about half an hour just entering in sort and account. Even after the sort code sticks, you’ll still sometimes error out trying to put in the account code

QFFlyer 156 posts

Yes, it’s temperamental as – I got it to work by selecting the name field first, then using the buttons on the on screen keyboard (iPhone) to go between fields and fill the rest in, and it worked. But I had the same issue as OP when trying to go straight to sort code, instant error from the app and couldn’t proceed.

Gothbe 47 posts

Where is the switch service link located in the app?

VerdantBacon 141 posts

Select Products from the bottom menu, scroll down to switch accounts

Gothbe 47 posts

Select Products from the bottom menu, scroll down to switch accounts

Brilliant thanks

Scottpat78 243 posts

This worked for me! Clicking at the very left of each field meant no error and I’ve completed the switch. Thanks!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.