Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Queues at BA T5 LHR recent experience

• sxparkin 54 posts

Just to reiterate the great article today from HfP on the root causes of the appauling checkin / security queues – flying last week business to Atlanta -arrived 3 hours before take off – even with business fast track (not first wing) it took just under 2 hours to clear the process – this left me 50 minutes to get the train to hub B – grab a drink literally…in the lounge then board (ps I got the gate number 1 hour before BA showed it in the terminal from a third party site !

A useful trick if you want to use lounge / Satellite B)

….oh then a bus to the 777……..Totally exhausted and frustrated when eventually got on the plane…..despite the £ 6.6k return flight price in business on the BA site – (as reported on an earlier forum post by me) – Business was 75% empty..First full ) ! Either they all missed their flight which is possible or BA have still got issues with their pricing policy which is taking the proverbial IMO !

Urge every one until things get better (?) to allow plenty of time especially with children etc as HfP reported even First Wing had queues for the first time in their history ! maybe use bag drop night before if this is available on your flight and is convenient for you …Good luck!

buchanan101 95 posts

Guess who is flying Saturday.. Earlyish flight, but now I wish I had a 6:30 flight not 9:30! In Club so may be slightly less painful than reported in the article, though you’ve said it took 2 hours in Club

squawk7700 82 posts

Any recent experience of domestic connections at LHR given all of the negative press?

I’m flying down from MAN and connecting to the States….when I originally booked was a 3hr connection but a re-timing on the MAN-LHR has made it 1h45m.

Davidtm 6 posts

I’ve done six flights into LHR from Manchester, Athens, and Milan in the week and a half. Every single one had delays on the ground prior to disembarking of at least 30 minutes; gate still occupied, deicer needing cleanup, being routed to a satellite gate and waiting for buses etc. If announcement goes out that “they’ve called” for something from ground staff, expect a wait.

PeteM 714 posts

Chatting to one of the cabin crew on a flight to PRG on Friday, he said all 9 flights he had been on in the last 60hrs were late by at least 1hr. He said the cherry of top was them returning from AMS as passengers and BA forgetting to book tickets for them on KL, leading to a mad scramble to get them sorted. Despite this he was super cheery and pleasant – truly admirable.

squawk7700 82 posts

I’ve done six flights into LHR from Manchester, Athens, and Milan in the week and a half. Every single one had delays on the ground prior to disembarking of at least 30 minutes; gate still occupied, deicer needing cleanup, being routed to a satellite gate and waiting for buses etc. If announcement goes out that “they’ve called” for something from ground staff, expect a wait.

Thanks for the heads up – sounds like 1h45m might be a bit tight.

Does anyone know whether BA call centre are likely to show me any flex to rebook on to an earlier MAN-LHR, perhaps even the day before?

It was an Avios booking.

Tracy 315 posts

I’ve flown to and from T5 in the last week, to and from Glasgow and to and from Porto, can’t say I’ve noticed many issues. Security each time maybe 20 mins. Didn’t have to do checkin queues as I was hand baggage only. The last flight from porto was delayed leaving but all the LHR stuff was fine.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.