Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Refer a friend – does it have to be within same family of cards?

• Thywillbedone 13 posts

As the title says, if I don’t own a MR AMEX, am I unable to refer someone to a MR AMEX? I understand that you can refer someone to a card you do not hold but does that apply across families of cards? Could not find the answer anywhere. I am holding a BAPP and want to refer someone to a Platinum. Can I do and what would be my bonus? Presumably it would be delivered in Avios rather than MRs? Thanks!

Carlos 758 posts

You should be rewarded in Avios then, refer back to what it says on your refer-a-friend page (pun intended)

Rui N. 831 posts

You will be rewarded in Avios. The referral link you’ll give to your friend will show the BAPP, but there’s an option there to select another card (you can try that yourself, just check your link). They can then select whatever card they want, and your bonus will be the same.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.