Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Renewing Ambassador before expiry of current membership

• MisterE 30 posts

I’m not a regular IHG guest and just use them from time to time. I joined Ambassador in March 23; and then in the last month or so took advantage of the glitch that made me Diamond until 31 Dec 22.

It seems that if you renew Ambassador while Diamond, then Diamond is renewed also. It also seems that you can renew Ambassador up to 92 days before expiry of current membership.

So I think there is a small window before 31 Dec to renew Ambassador for another 12 months (so, until March 24) which will automatically renew Diamond until 31 Dec 23.

I have looked around IHG.com and can’t see how to do this. Have I understood correctly? If so, can someone point me to the right place to renew?

TIA

Anna 458 posts

This is a bit confusing! If you renewed recently your Diamond should have extended for 12 months into 2023.

MisterE 30 posts

Anna – Mea Culpa. I had meant to say I joined Ambassador in March 22, so lasting to March 23. I’m now wondering if I can get Diamond extended to Dec 24 by renewing Ambassador before 31 Dec 22 while I am still Diamond

Hope that’s clearer! Thanks

Anna 458 posts

It seems to have worked for others.
    Have you tried just using the link to join Ambassador? You get the option to log into your account before you complete the transaction, that’s the way I did it last time.

pbcold 346 posts

I have just tried this; my Diamond status was immediately extended by a year and another Ambassador weekend night is in my account.

Tracy 315 posts

@pbcold, I am assuming this will work until Diamond status expires 28th Feb 2023? I had assumed it wouldn’t work beyond 31st December 2022….

mylo 3 posts

I have just tried this; my Diamond status was immediately extended by a year and another Ambassador weekend night is in my account.

My IHG account currently shows “Diamond Elite until 31/12/2022” so I’m not sure if this would work as I don’t know if that’s my current status or I’ve got a lower status and IHG hasn’t updated yet, do you know if your account showed the same or a 2023 date for Diamond Elite? TIA

pbcold 346 posts

Mine was the same 2 hours ago but now shows “Diamond Elite until 31/12/2024”

BajiNahid 169 posts

Did you have ambassador before or just subscribed to it now?

pbcold 346 posts

I was already AMB

mylo 3 posts

Thanks, decided to risk it and looks to have worked, now showing Diamond Elite until 31/12/2024

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.