Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Restaurant (and alternative sightseeing) recommendations – Seville

• michael 8 posts

Following several endorsements on the forum, have booked a short 4 day trip away to Seville next month. Was wondering if anyone could recommend some nice restaurants in Seville (both traditional but also other cuisines) at or below a £40pp budget.

Also would be great to hear if anyone has insider tips/hacks or alternative things to do in addition to the standard repertoire of sightseeing there. I am travelling with my son and wife who I think would get bored of loads of history lessons, so would be great if anyone could recommend something a little different in addition to the historical side of the city.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    travelwell 55 posts

A bit above the stated budget but how about https://devourtours.com/destinations/spain/seville/. It combines some of the best local dining spots and is an event in itself.

Seville is a wonderful city, great choice!

jek 118 posts

Seville is great! Definitely do a Tapas tour – we have done a few and the one in Seville was the best.

In the end we did not have a proper meal anywhere, just Tapas and we went to one place again after the tour.

We truly enjoyed a Segway tour (the first we ever did) – don’t do a bus tour as busses can not enter the historic area.

There is a roof top tour of the cathedral, which we liked.

michael 8 posts

Thank you both very much for your suggestions!

AJA 1,070 posts

I love Seville, a great choice for a city break.

The Royal Alcázar of Seville, the Moorish royal palace has wonderful lush gardens and intricate moorish inspired tiles. It is fairly pricey but well worth it.

The Plaza Espana, is also definitely worth seeing. It was used in the film Lawrence of Arabia as a double for the officers mess in Cairo.

The cathedral is impressive too.

It is a compact city, easily walkable, but does also have a tram that is beautifully air conditioned.

There are plenty of great bodegas to stop and have a beer or meal but specifically Casa Vizcaíno, Calle Feria 27, is nice and I think meets your £ limit.

Enjoy!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.