Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Revolut – I’m out

• Cranzle 271 posts

I’ve withdrawn my (small) balance from Revolut. It’s not worth the risk given the Russian connection. Leaving a balance there is risky at the best of times!!

Sam 96 posts

Seems a little extreme! What exactly do you think can happen?

Cranzle 271 posts

Seems a little extreme! What exactly do you think can happen?

Visa stop transacting with then? Who knows.
    No one would previously have kept a sizeable balance with them anyway. So removing my small balance isn’t really extreme.

SteveJ 977 posts

There is a Russian connection?

George K 287 posts

I may be missing something, but I thought Revolut had a Ukrainian, not a Russian connection. Why would Visa stop transacting with them?

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

One founder is Russian while another is Ukrainian. Unless they registered the company in Russia or Belarus, chances of the company being shut down is minimal.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Sam 96 posts

One founder is Russian while another is Ukrainian. Unless they registered the company in Russia or Belarus, chances of the company being shut down is minimal.

so as it’s a UK hq’d company registered with the FCA, it’s prob as Russian as HSBC

Aston100 1,382 posts

Regardless of their origin, they are a proper cowboy organisation.
    Never leave more in your account than you can afford to lose.
    They have a habit of locking accounts for ridiculous reasons at times and then good luck interacting with their in-app-only customer services who can take literally an hour or more to respond to each element of a conversation. I speak through bitter first-hand experience.

NorthernLass 7,456 posts

I guess that explains the name! Perhaps we should have called it Leon instead of Che. I’m staying with it anyway, the ability to convert to foreign currency at no charge is incredibly convenient.

AirMax 29 posts

They have a habit of locking accounts for ridiculous reasons at times and then good luck interacting with their in-app-only customer services who can take literally an hour or more to respond to each element of a conversation. I speak through bitter first-hand experience.

An hour is very good compared to other fintech startups

Aston100 1,382 posts

An hour for them to reply to my reply; another hour for them to reply to the next reply; an hour for the reply after that and so on…
    The last time I needed to talk to them, the conversation spanned a full day and then some.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Andrew. 480 posts

They are (Company number 08804411) currently red flagging as 6 months late with their confirmation statement to Companies House, so an hour’s delay seems good going.

doug 5 posts

An hour for them to reply to my reply; another hour for them to reply to the next reply; an hour for the reply after that and so on…
    The last time I needed to talk to them, the conversation spanned a full day and then some.

i also dislike them, but I rather have quick interactions than sit for 1h listening to music on the phone just to get a reference number to a case that I have to call back to chase.

Cranzle 271 posts

so as it’s a UK hq’d company registered with the FCA, it’s prob as Russian as HSBC

Or, perhaps, as Russian as Chelski FC

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.