Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Reward stays in Miami

• hugo r 282 posts

Wish to book our first reward stay with ihg and wish to book the intercontinental Miami . Do you have to pay resort fee and taxes on reward stays ? We don’t have status

NorthernLass 7,584 posts

Generally, resort fees, yes, I think Hilton is the only chain which doesn’t apply resort fees to points bookings (though who knows how long that will last in the current climate?!)
    From my experience of reward stays in this type of hotel, you’ll be charged the flat resort fee per night, but not any taxes on top of that, unless you incur extra spend, of course.

Scottpat78 245 posts

I’ve stayed on points at 2 different hotels in Miami post pandemic and once just pre pandemic – I paid resort fees at a Z hotel near to Miami Beach and didn’t pay at Staybridge.

RonnieB 288 posts

Stayed in Miami IC last November, it was very average, rooms dated. Much better to go to one of the Kimptons like the nearby Epic.

It is well named

blueghostuk 13 posts

Stayed a the IC Miami in Sept for 1 night on an award night, no resort fee/tax was charged, can’t say if that was because of my AMB Diamond status or not – I was expecting to have to pay it, so when it wasn’t asked for I kept quiet.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.