Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Ryanair question, I know I’m sorry!!

• Tracy 315 posts

I prefer direct flights so from EDI/GLA Ryanair is sometimes the best bet. I’m looking at Naples & Rome in July. Flight prices are about £230 plus bags etc. Anyone know if its worthwhile waiting for prices to fall or is this as good as it’ll get for July. I have never booked Ryanair in summer so I have no idea. I usually pay about £50ish for return flights with Ryanair out of peak times….

NorthernLass 7,463 posts

I suspect prices will only go up this year unless travel restrictions are reintroduced. If you’re travelling in the school holidays, £230 to a European destination is pretty good. If it’s Scottish holidays but not yet English, prices will probably be lower south of the border if you can travel a bit further.

I had two completely hassle-free trips with Ryanair last year, which is a lot more than I can say for BA!

Tracy 315 posts

I agree, Ryanair is ok as long as I accept that its Ryanair lol.
    It’s Scottish holidays and yes it is cheaper from England but the whole point of Ryanair is direct flight from EDI.
    I am in two minds about booking now at £250ish or maybe leaving it for a bit….if prices go up a lot I guess I could just fly from MAN…

I suspect prices will only go up this year unless travel restrictions are reintroduced. If you’re travelling in the school holidays, £230 to a European destination is pretty good. If it’s Scottish holidays but not yet English, prices will probably be lower south of the border if you can travel a bit further.

I had two completely hassle-free trips with Ryanair last year, which is a lot more than I can say for BA!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    NorthernLass 7,463 posts

I just wondered if NCL was an option for you as well but I don’t know the routes from there.

AJA 1,060 posts

My rule of thumb with any airfare is if you are ok with the fare as advertised just book and pay today and then forget comparing. Trying to judge whether the fares will drop only leads to heartache if you find that in fact the fares increase (you will always be saying if only I’d booked x days/weeks ago!)

I am with Anna here by the way as I think if anything airfares are likely to go up the closer we get to July.

Tracy 315 posts

HaHa, I think with me its just I feel I can’t pay £250 plus for Ryanair….Ryanair should be £9.99 each way!
    I’m just going to wait with fingers crossed and if need be travel from Manchester as there is 4 of us, the saving will be £500 less what it’ll cost to get to Manchester…or if I’m lucky Edinburgh prices will fall…

My rule of thumb with any airfare is if you are ok with the fare as advertised just book and pay today and then forget comparing. Trying to judge whether the fares will drop only leads to heartache if you find that in fact the fares increase (you will always be saying if only I’d booked x days/weeks ago!)

I am with Anna here by the way as I think if anything airfares are likely to go up the closer we get to July.

yonasl 952 posts

Google flights will show you historical prices. For instance if you check this link you will see “Prices are typical for your trip”, you can click there and a graph with historical values will appear

https://www.google.com/travel/flights/search?tfs=CBwQAhojagcIARIDRURJEgoyMDIyLTA1LTA5cgwIAxIIL20vMDZjNjIaI2oMCAMSCC9tLzA2YzYyEgoyMDIyLTA1LTE2cgcIARIDRURJcAGCAQsI____________AUABSAGYAQE

NorthernLass 7,463 posts

Lol – I remember those kind of fares, coincidentally they seemed to dry up around the time my son started school …

Erico1875 145 posts

Prices normally are at their optimum around 8 to 12 weeks

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.