Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Saving a 241 voucher that expires in Feb

• lookofdisdain 5 posts

Just wanted to get some advice from you lovely people. I’ve got a 241 voucher that’s due to expire in early February and wondering what the best course of action is?

I’ve left it late but my plan was to book a cheap flight with the voucher and then cancel, suck up the £70 cancellation fee but take a FTV.

Obviously £70 isn’t bad at all compared to just losing a voucher, presumably I can’t cheat the system and use a voucher on a booking for one seat?

AJA 1,070 posts

Definitely go for the FTV route as you don’t pay any cancellation fee.

You have to book for two people so you cannot use the 2-4-1 to book for one seat. Also going the FTV route locks in the passengers so if you have a choice of who you travel with be careful which passenger you choose.

NorthernLass 7,567 posts

Book the cheapest one way 241 ticket, then cancel via the link on the BA home page. You have to call BA to redeem the FTV, though, which is the massive fly in the ointment!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.