Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Security between Heathrow Terminal 5 and 5C

• susanne 3 posts

I will be flying a domestic uk flight (GLA-LHR) and arriving in terminal 5 then flying onwards from LHR-SFO via terminal 5C. Will I need to go through security again if taking the bus between terminal 5 and 5C? I would like to pick up a boots order after terminal 5 security and there is no point if I need to go through security again at terminal 5C due to liquids.

e14 259 posts

You won’t be taking a bus to T5C from T5A, you be taking the airside transit if your SFO flight is from the C gates (or you can walk through the underground pass). You won’t need to go through security in LHR unless you go landside. Using the domestic flight connections will enable you to enter directly into the T5A terminal from your flight from Glasgow.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,083 posts

There is no bus between the different part of T5. There is the train or you can walk between them.

When you arrive from GLA there is a BP check (but not security) to get you into main departures where you can go to Boots and the other fine retail establishments.

There is no further security when moving from T5A to B or C. They are regarded as the same terminal.

susanne 3 posts

Thank you both

John 1,000 posts

But if you intend to fly and you somehow want to go from from C to B and/or B to A, you *must* walk, do not take the train otherwise you will end up at immigration and also need to get your boarding pass reset before you can re-enter security.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.