Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Silver seat selection on AA

• NorthernLass 7,556 posts

I’ve just booked 3 avios seats from MIA to GCM on AA for next Easter for the princely total sum of 22,500 avios and £15. I recently managed Silver status with BA and was pleasantly surprised to find that this seems to entitle us to a kind of enhanced seat selection on AA where we could pick extra leg room seats which come with free snacks and drinks and priority boarding. Cash prices were around £180 pp so with the free checked bags we’ll be entitled to (OH is Bronze so I think we’ll get 3 between us), it feels like a pretty good redemption.

AJA 1,070 posts

AA redemptions using Avios are good value if you can find them. They need specific AA reward inventory AASaver I think to be available to BAEC.

Also don’t forget your Silver card will entitle you to admirals club access at MIA. It may even stretch to the Flagship First lounge at MIA, unfortunately only for 2 of you which is a bit of an issue with 3 Pax.

NorthernLass 7,556 posts

Yes, we’ve done a few but never as Silver, I’ve always been lucky enough to find good availability. Looking forward to the Admirals Club as we have 2 MIA departures booked, my son would rather get a burger anyway so he probably won’t mind if OH and I sneak off to the lounge!

harley 109 posts

Did JFK to MIA in september. Silver allows you access to flagship lounge but not sure on how many guests if any. Would reccomend flagship lounge over admirals. R.e seat selection we got the exit row free which was brilliant but dont expect much food. We were offered one small bag of pretzels and one soft drink. Staff did not even come around once to ask if we wanted anymore let alone buy one so would eat/ drink before flight. Luggage also very generous, allows 2 pieces per flyer even on HBO

davefl 1,219 posts

Good to hear this for silver but I’m gutted as I was planning to fly AA to Cuba on points from MIA.

But with the recent discussions about being banned from using ESTAs to get into the states after visting Cuba, I’ve had to cross it off my list until the USA comes to its senses.

NorthernLass 7,556 posts

I just realised that I could re-select our seats on our DCA-Key West flights next month and managed to get extra leg room again. I double checked before selecting and it said we will be offered a selection of soft and alcoholic drinks” – not that great though, as we’re picking up hire cars on arrival both times! But MIA-GCM is only 90 minutes so we’ll survive without snacks, we’ll make sure we eat before the other one, which is 3 hours.

Scottpat78 245 posts

I think they call it Economy Comfort? I had to do a last minute flight between 2 US cities in the summer with work, and because it was under 4 hours, went economy. Due to having BA Silver / OW Sapphire, I was able to pre-select my AA seats and was able to select Economy Comfort row right behind First Class for free, which was extra leg room. I was handed a drink & snack after take off but nothing else. Enjoy!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.