Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Silver status confirmation ?

• namster 70 posts

Hi All
    signed up for the BA sale Double TP hotel deal 5 nights. Can anyone please confirm my calculation below is correct

current : 140 TP blue
    TP year end : April 2022

BC return LHR-DXB, Sept 2022 = 560TP

total after September- 560+140 = 700 TP

do I need more flights during this year or has silver status been achieved from above?

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    ChrisC 956 posts

Your current 140 TPs would be zeroed out when your current collection year ends on 8th April 2022 and your new year starts on the 9th.

Your DXB flights would only count as 2 of the 4 you need for silver

namster 70 posts

thank you Chris so would it not make any sense for me to pursue a bronze status before April 22 if all points will be reset.

Your current 140 TPs would be zeroed out when your current collection year ends on 8th April 2022 and your new year starts on the 9th.

Your DXB flights would only count as 2 of the 4 you need for silver

The Original Nick 112 posts

That depends if you’re planning on doing any flying before your September trip.

ChrisC 956 posts

You’d need 225 TPs by April 8th to get bronze so an additional 85.

Could be easily achievable if you are so inclined but I’d be looking at the benefits of getting bronze over the cost.

I assume the biggest benefit would be ability to select seats for free 7 days prior to departure on the long hauls.

Personally I wouldn’t bother but others would.

But if you were planning trips anyway – say over Easter or a long bank holiday – before your big one that might be the way forward.

AJA 1,071 posts

Remember that when you get higher status it is valid for the rest of your current year plus the whole of the next so if you got another 85TP before 8 Apr 2022 you would be Bronze until 31 May 2023. Then your flights to DXB in Sep will renew Bronze status until May 2024. Plus you will get even more Avios as you get the Bronze tier bonus avios.

But you would still get Bronze until May 2024 just by flying to DXB in Sep albeit not have any status until after Sep 2022.

I think I’d be inclined to take a return flight post Apr 2022 but before DXB as the extra flights will give you TP and crucially the 2 extra flights towards Silver status which you will earn after the DXB trip. Then you would be Silver until 31 May 2024.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.