Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Housekeeping Splitting BA 2/4/1 vouchers

• 1005dyer 39 posts

I have just had a BA flight 8/1/22 to CPT cancelled. This was booked 2/4/1 earlier this year as a one way because of the 355 day rule.
    I subsequently booked the return 2/4/1 for 10/3/22 which I want to keep whilst I sort out the outgoing flight, paying cash if necessary if I can’t transfer my 2/4/1
    How do I ensure the return flight is kept, whilst only the outgoing flight is cancelled.
    It used to be that if one leg was cancelled, both were. Yet these were booked separately, but I suppose they were merged as one as I booked the return.
    I could use a new 2/4/1 to book the outgoing and return flight if I can ever speak to someone! and cash in the existing 2/4/1 booking for a later use voucher.
    The advantage of this route would be as soon as Seat spy notify availability I could presumably book online, so avoiding the telephone problem

Thoughts on the best way to plot a way through this would be very welcome.

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Are they on separate PNRs (if so they should show in your BAEC account as 2 separate bookings)? If so you can make any changes independently. Whatever the case though, you should be able to change the outbound leg, either via MMB or by calling BA. If it’s all on one booking it should just show the outbound leg as being cancelled, and possibly a new date if BA has re-scheduled (which you don’t have to agree to). You have the right to be re-routed under UK261, on another airline if BA hasn’t got a departure around your preferred date.

1005dyer 39 posts

Thanks for this, no they do not show as separate bookings, just one sheet with the outbound cancelled and no new date .
    Pretty much decided to cancel by phone to ensure the return flight and buying a new outward bound date for cash, because prices are going up rapidly as the SA variant doesn’t seem to be a threat. Going this route is still a big saving
    Also there is no sign of Avios availability in the next three weeks – where have the Club seats gone?

JDB 4,377 posts

Thanks for this, no they do not show as separate bookings, just one sheet with the outbound cancelled and no new date .
    Pretty much decided to cancel by phone to ensure the return flight and buying a new outward bound date for cash, because prices are going up rapidly as the SA variant doesn’t seem to be a threat. Going this route is still a big saving
    Also there is no sign of Avios availability in the next three weeks – where have the Club seats gone?

If you have a pre 1 Sep voucher, you won’t be able to leave just the return flight on the booking using the companion voucher as the old 241 vouchers are only valid for flights originating in the UK.

1005dyer 39 posts

Thanks JDB for that tip on the old 241 vouchers

ChrisC 956 posts

You could also check the booking emails to see if the return has the same bookinf ref and ticket number rather than MMB which seems to blocks out some info until anything like cancelled flights have been sorted out.

As to club availabilty – all taken up!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.