Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards IHG Status Challenge

• Richard Peters 171 posts

Help please

I’ve registred for the above but am busy picking up points with the 4 times bonus offer through to 31 August.

I need 5 qualifying night to keep Platinum through to 31/12 23 and a further 10 to trigger diamond upgrade.

My question, which IHG staff could not answer at last checkouit is: do the nights where I’m picking up bonus rewards ALSO qualify for my status challenge or not?

If not then that’s an addiotion 15 days to rack up which for me would not be possible

Thanks in advance

wondrousnature 8 posts

Hi! For the status challenge, if I’m not mistaken, the 5 nights for Platinum and an additonal 10 night for Diamond (15 nights in total), will need to be paid nights. So I don’t Reward Nights redeemed using points or certificates can count towards the 5 or 15 nights for the purpose of the status challenge.

However, Rewards Nights redeemed using points do count towards the nights needed for the Milestone Rewards.

Hope the information above is accurate and of some help.

Pangolin 106 posts

The two promos stack without any issues, since Qualifying Rate applies in both cases.

As long as you’re paying cash it will be fine. I qualified for Diamond this way and have also been receiving the 2-4x points

wondrousnature 8 posts

So sorry, misinterpreted “bonus rewards” in my earlier post. If the nights were paid by cash, then yes, as Pangolin says, they will be considered qualifying rates / nights.

Richard Peters 171 posts

Hi! For the status challenge, if I’m not mistaken, the 5 nights for Platinum and an additonal 10 night for Diamond (15 nights in total), will need to be paid nights. So I don’t Reward Nights redeemed using points or certificates can count towards the 5 or 15 nights for the purpose of the status challenge.

However, Rewards Nights redeemed using points do count towards the nights needed for the Milestone Rewards.

Hope the information above is accurate and of some help.

Forgive me for not giving the whole picture! These are all PAID for nights so from comments so far it looks as though they will all count

cornwallislovely 3 posts

Both my husband and I are Diamond Elite this year following the standard transfer from Spire Elite.

I have registered for the Status Challenge and to date have only stayed a couple of nights towards the 15 required. However, when I look at the App, my Diamond Elite Status clearly says it is until 31st December 2023.

My husband has not registered for the Status Challenge and on the App his account shows his Diamond Elite Status is (as expected) until 31st December 2022.

Has anyone else got this Diamond Elite extension showing already? Just wondering if it’s genuine or a glitch that will be reversed in due course. Would love an explanation if anyone has one?

SGJNI 69 posts

Why register for the challenge if you are already Diamond? I thought you had to use a different loyalty scheme to register from???

It is nights that count, not points.

Have either of you renewed Ambassador recently, see the other thread about it also renewing Diamond!!!!

cornwallislovely 3 posts

Brilliant, thank you. That’s it. I must have missed that thread.

I will now renew my husband’s Ambassador account also, which I had been procrastinating over.

P.S. I had registered for the Status Challenge as I knew I couldn’t maintain Diamond next year, and so far it’s been really fantastic benefits-wise. It let me register fine even though I am already a IHG member. Great tip re Ambassador upgrade as that’s made me really happy! Thank you.

SGJNI 69 posts

@cornwallislo

You are most welcome.

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

I can also confirm that rejoining Ambassador (even after letting it lapse) put a little extra sparkle in my Diamond recently 💎😁

John 1,000 posts

Well a 15-night stay has posted a week after checkout (frustrating as I’m used to Hilton stays posting overnight, and as I haven’t paid for any other IHG stays since 2018, I forgot that IHG can take a long time) and I am now Diamond 😀

However I have only received the base points (and platinum bonus) but not the points from the 4X promo. Would these post separately or do I need to chase them? Should be 60k or more points…

SGJNI 69 posts

Well a 15-night stay has posted a week after checkout (frustrating as I’m used to Hilton stays posting overnight, and as I haven’t paid for any other IHG stays since 2018, I forgot that IHG can take a long time) and I am now Diamond 😀

However I have only received the base points (and platinum bonus) but not the points from the 4X promo. Would these post separately or do I need to chase them? Should be 60k or more points…

The points will turn up between 5/9 days in my recent experience. As you note, IHG are a bit on the slow side.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.