Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Housekeeping Suggestion: display text to show when person who started the thread posts again

• rum 275 posts

Sounds a bit complicated from the title, but bear with me; I think this would be a useful feature to implement.

The person who starts the thread is the ‘original poster’, ‘thread starter’, or ‘thread author’. If they post again in the thread that they started, some text could be displayed next to the ‘Quote’ button (or similar) to show that they are the original poster – or one of the other labels I’ve mentioned above.

It would make it easy to see if they have posted follow-up questions and so on.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Not a terrible idea 🙂

I’m not keen to pay for the IT work needed to do this BUT there is a lot of stuff out there for the BBPress software that powers the forum and it may well be that we can slot in code someone has written. We will add it to the list of ideas.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.