Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Summer ’23 planning dilemma

• SamG 1,644 posts

Yes way too much, you’ll waste a lot of time travelling. Personally I’d do Singapore + Bangkok + Koh Samui or Singapore + Bali and stay in a couple of different places there.

People dismiss Singapore but there is plenty to do to fill a few nights !

BJ 657 posts

I agree with BBB amd SamG. However, the itinerary suggests @Karl wants to see a lot and while it would be hectic it could be done with some minor changes. Keeping it largely the same, I’d suggest dropping Penang and add one of those two nights to SIN at either end to provide two full days
    (and potentially up to almosr 4 depending on flights) to play with in SIN. I’d then cut the beach week to 4 nights and give one extra night each to BKK, CNX and KUL providing three full days to play with in each of the three cities. In Bangkok that could be one day in city plus two day tours of choice out city. Karl could then consider sleeper train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, waking up as pulling up into the highlands. In Chiang Mai he could spend one day in city and do two day tours such as the triangle tour and mountain tour. Similarly in KL he could spend one day in city and do two day tours. The question then is where to fit in the four nights at the beach, depending on time of year. Hectic I know but a few years ago I did a 10 city 8 country run around Europe in 24 days I think it was using train and planr and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Karl 47 posts

Thanks for the advice everyone.

We’ve been to Singapore before so happy to spend just a night there at each end of the trip. The ease of getting to/from he airport makes that very doable. Also visited BKK at the start of a tour to Cambodia and already seen some of the sights so we won’t need as long there. A lot of what BJ suggests is definately what we are thinking.

As for it being too much, my partner are attempting to see as much as possible before starting a family. We often do 2-night city breaks and had a career break in 2017 where we visited 90-odd places in a year. While this isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, we like to travel that way. The beach section should give us a few days to relax at the end of the trip though.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.