Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes TAP Portugal status match

• gtellez 162 posts

Hi all, I was thinking to apply for the Tap Portugal status match as I have some *A flights in the next few months. How long does it take to be upgraded to Gold? THe first flight is in a month and I would need to check a bag in (the flight is with Tap Portugal), do I have time to get my status match before then?
    Then, do you get a free bag with evey fare (even the most discounted ones) with all *A airlines? I have flights with TAP and Avianca, and mainly Avianca charges very high fares for bags.
    Finally, are the benefits (including the free bags) only for the cardholder or do other people in the same booking receive the benefits too?
    Sorry for so many questions, but as a OW loyalist for so long, I have no idea how *A works… Thanks!!!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

What do you have to lose?

Fill in the form. Once you get the email saying you’re OK and you just need to pay the €99, do it – your upgrade goes through the same day (at least mine did). If they don’t process it in a month, you’ve not paid the €99 anyway.

The Star Alliance website is the best place to get confirmation of Gold benefits as they apply alliance wide.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.