Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy The Westbury Hotel – Mayfair London

• Kowalski 105 posts

I’ve been wondering about the Westbury Hotel in London. I stayed there a few years ago and rather enjoyed both the hotel and it’s location. Does anyone have any intel on when it is likely to reopen and if it will still be part of Marriott’s Luxury Collection?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,203 posts

Not heard anything. It is on the list for current Marriott cashback promos (even though shut ….) so clearly the link is still there for now.

George K 289 posts

Walked past it just last month, and it’s like they are gutting the whole place. Certainly not going to be open anytime soon.

I remember they auctioned off their furniture before closure..

TGLoyalty 516 posts

Yup the auction was before a complete refurbishment of all rooms and public areas so mid-late 2023 at the earliest I reckon.

https://www.traveldailymedia.com/westbury-mayfair-londons-gbp1-billion-facelift/ More details.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    George K 289 posts
    TGLoyalty 516 posts

Not the UKs first but bringing it back since The lanesborough left in 2015.

Good news and Fingers crossed the renovations are as extensive as suggested otherwise it won’t last long.

masaccio 721 posts

Shame – they had a great cocktail bar

TGLoyalty 516 posts

The polo bar? That’s staying.

masaccio 721 posts

The polo bar? That’s staying.

But closed for sooooo long. I always thought it was nice they had a little taster glass that you could share with somebody else

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.