Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards The Zing by HSBC thread

• 0 post

Zing has just launched in the UK.

An international money app.

They are offering founding members card if you sign up early and exclusive rates.

Here is my referral (just boosts me up the waiting list but already have an account). Add yours once signed up.

https://www.zing.me/?referralCode=4gbnmkc

Link to app on IOS:
    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/zing-international-money-app/id1671526220

Not yet released for Android 🙁

Travel Strong 294 posts

*patiently awaits android app* 📲

Signed up, thanks. Referral Link:
    https://www.zing.me/?referralCode=2kckdli

Aston100 1,449 posts

What advantage does this have over Transfer Wise?

John 1,047 posts

Max balance £40k. Max transaction £5k and £10k per week.

Not permitted to buy alcohol, tobacco (cigars) or flowers in the USA.

ChrisBCN 293 posts

It is on Android, I have it already. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wearemp

yonasl 976 posts

Followed the link to download the app, checked my email, phone number, Driving license, then address.

Asked me for my salary and how I plan to fund the account.

Result “There was an issue with you application, check email for more info” … obviously no email has been received.

If I had not read about it on the news this would look like a scam trying to steal my personal details.

ChrisBCN 293 posts

What advantage does this have over Transfer Wise?

It’s going to be all about the rates.

Transferring 100 GBP right now –
    Zing – 114.86 EUR, 125.43 USD
    Wise – 114.84 EUR, 125.34 USD

But these are changing live so they seem pretty competitive. The fee is a teeny bit cheaper for Zing at this level.

But look what happens transferring 1000 GBP –
    Zing – 1148.73 EUR, 1254.62 USD
    Wise – 1150.47 EUR, 1256.64 USD

Zing fees are higher than wise at this amount. Seems that the more you transfer, the more the Zing fees hit you vs wise.

I’ll probably check the rates at the time I need to make my next transfers, then use Wise…

stephensfone 2 posts

Hi Bigmaghot
    Thanks, I have just opened an account using your referral link.
    Where can I find my referral link to send to friends?

stephensfone 2 posts

Is it another nanny state bank like Wise, no tobacco, no alcohol, no drug parinfnali, no gambling? I’ve already got a mother ffs

Ash 620 posts

Should anyone like to use a referral….

Downloaded it from PlayStore

https://www.zing.me?referralCode=vxdf37t

BP 51 posts

Zing has better rates than the HSBC Global Money account!

0 post

Hi Bigmaghot
    Thanks, I have just opened an account using your referral link.
    Where can I find my referral link to send to friends?

https://www.zing.me/waitlist

RK228 224 posts

How is this different or better than HSBC Global Money accounts?

I have preferred using Global Money over Wise, etc. because it’s covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Zing, like Wise, seemingly isn’t covered by FSCS, so doesn’t appear to be for me in my initial reading. It doesn’t seem to be possible to link or fund from US-based accounts at the moment either, which is something I’d want from an account/app like this.

zio 266 posts

Is it another nanny state bank like Wise, no tobacco, no alcohol, no drug parinfnali, no gambling? I’ve already got a mother ffs

And no flowers either, apparently, so your existing mother will be out of luck on Mothering Sunday.

paulg0 20 posts

I had the “Issue with your application” error this morning and no email from them. Found a contact us link after lots of hunting and had a responding email saying they were reviewing my application. App still shows “Issue with Application” this afternoon

redethernet1 86 posts

Is there a min income requirement for this. I wonder why people are getting rejected?

rams 224 posts

Looks like it charges 0.6% fee and exchange rate close to par

AdamPhillips 1 post

Signed up, had to record a short video and take some pics of my ID. A few minutes later I get a message saying there’s an issue and to check my emails. I got the following:-

Thanks for requesting a Zing account.

To keep our members secure, we follow requirements set by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Sometimes we must close applications that fail to meet these requirements.

We are sorry to tell you that we can’t open a Zing account for you and have closed your application.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Yours,

The ZingCare team

Not a clue what any of that means, all very cryptic. I think I’ll just delete the app and move on.

Skywalker 755 posts

It would appear that Zing is not helping people to “do their own ting” at the moment with all of these declined applications.

Back to the red red wine and Revolut, methinks.

connor.muir@mail.com 11 posts

Action Required: We need some additional information from you

Thanks for choosing Zing.

We noticed that you’re the owner of a business. Although you’re opening a personal Zing account, we just need some more information about your business.

These questions comply with the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) formalities and procedures.
    What is the name of your business?
    What industry and activities best describe the field or sector of your business?

Zing Accounts are for personal use only. They can’t be used for business purposes as outlined in our terms and conditions.

Please reply within 30 days, otherwise we won’t be able to proceed with your application.

slidey 294 posts

Is this card tied to a bank acct or does it require funds being loaded into it, if so What sources does it accept for the funding?

BJ 659 posts

How long do transfers take? My Wise transfers have been instant for some time now.

Being HSBC, launch rates are probably as good as it’ll ever get and yet they are not the best.

Roberto 297 posts

Questions from Zing….

(1) Do you or a family member hold a public-facing government job?
    (2) What are your main sources of income? e.g. salary, investments, pension etc.
    (3) Approximately, what is your income?
    (4) Approximately, what is your net worth?

Are they just collecting data?????

TooPoorToBeHere 267 posts

How is this different or better than HSBC Global Money accounts?

I have preferred using Global Money over Wise, etc. because it’s covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Zing, like Wise, seemingly isn’t covered by FSCS, so doesn’t appear to be for me in my initial reading. It doesn’t seem to be possible to link or fund from US-based accounts at the moment either, which is something I’d want from an account/app like this.

Yup it can’t receive USD wires or ACH which is definitely less good and flexible than Wise and Revolut.

points_worrier 296 posts

Anyone know what the SWIFT fees are for sending USD?
    And the actual GBP to USD rate compared with google?
    I doesn’t look like you can see without signing up…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.