Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards The Zing by HSBC thread

• paulg0 21 posts

I’ve had zero luck with Zing. There was an issue with my application aparently. Support links were virtually impossible to find. No phone number no email adress and a broken webchat link. I eventually found a form to complete and had a response from them but nothing since. Ive emailed them this evening with a request to delete my information and application which they have actioned very quickly.

I’ve left them their 1st Trustpilot review…

John 1,098 posts

Questions from Zing….

(1) Do you or a family member hold a public-facing government job?
    (2) What are your main sources of income? e.g. salary, investments, pension etc.
    (3) Approximately, what is your income?
    (4) Approximately, what is your net worth?

Are they just collecting data?????

They’re collecting excuses to close your account for “no reason”

JDB 4,850 posts

Questions from Zing….

(1) Do you or a family member hold a public-facing government job?
    (2) What are your main sources of income? e.g. salary, investments, pension etc.
    (3) Approximately, what is your income?
    (4) Approximately, what is your net worth?

Are they just collecting data?????

These are totally standard questions firms are required to ask although they are trying to make them a bit more modern. The PEP question is a particularly sensitive one at present.

elguiri 222 posts

It must say something about me that after the video/sound clip and a couple of simple questions they accepted me…

TooPoorToBeHere 264 posts

It must say something about me that after the video/sound clip and a couple of simple questions they accepted me…

I was accepted on the same basis but then as soon as I used it for a “more than £100” amount, the transaction was stopped with a request for evidence. A few minutes later I was asked for employer and salary details – which is fine, but I’d already provided during the signup flow.

Both the “stopped transaction” and “request for details” were dealt with within an hour.

TooPoorToBeHere 264 posts

Anyone know what the SWIFT fees are for sending USD?
    And the actual GBP to USD rate compared with google?
    I doesn’t look like you can see without signing up…

I was charged $0.63 this morning to send a $100 ACH – test transaction to my Revolut account’s USD account.

Note that this was the ACH fee – I had already converted the GBP to USD in a separate transaction/

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.