Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Tier Points for Gold back to 1500?

• Tony_D 32 posts

My Tier Points collection year end was yesterday and my target to retain Gold is back to 1,500. I understood that BA had reduced the target until 31st December 2022?

Pid 33 posts

It was only reduced for people with a TP year end in 2022. As your new TP end is in 2023 you no longer get it. Frustrating as I have lots of flights lined up just after mine in June and I was hoping to get to Gold. Fortunately I was expecting an extension of Silver until 2023 but I note that is not yet showing in the app.

tiriavpo 311 posts

Actually, you are ok – well for 357 days, which should do it. Check here https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/tiers-and-benefits and open the How do I benefit from the reduced Tier Point requirement to upgrade or renew my Tier? FAQ.

You have until 31 Dec to earn the reduced threshold but after that it reverts to normal. But the app will show the full target.

greggrant 12 posts

My TP year ended yesterday and my BAEC dashboard page has a message saying:

“We have reduced the amount of Tier Points required to renew or upgrade your Tier status by 25% throughout 2022. As a Gold member, this means that you could renew your Gold membership if you earn 1,125 Tier Points by the 31st December 2022….From 1st January 2023, the normal Tier Point thresholds, as you can see in your progress tracker, will then apply.”

So, my understanding is if I achieve 1125 TPs by 31 December 22 I will re-qualify and if I don’t then I’ll need to achieve 1500 points by 8 January. So for those of us with an 8 January TP year end it’s quite a good deal!

YFP 29 posts

Yeah, just read the FAQ and it says that those with TP end dates in 2023 will still benefit from the reduced thresholds until 31st of December. Combined with the BA Holidays double TP offer extension, even Gold is within reach now!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

As per our article today, you’re getting another 12 months at the reduced thresholds, irrespective of what ba.com shows – https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/01/10/british-airways-tier-points-2022/

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.