Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Tier points gained in first two weeks after year end

• yonasl 952 posts

Hello, I have read here that BA will allow for TPs gained on the first 2 weeks of the new membership year to be used on the previous year.

Wanted to confirm the following:
    – Current TPs 425
    – Year end: 8th June 2022
    – 1 flight with IB: LHR-MAD Business 40 TPs on 11th June 2022
    – 1 flight with IB: MAD-BOG Business 140 TPs on 18th June 2022

1) I understand BA won’t give silver on the 11th June as you need 600 TPs not 450 as per the current offer
    2) So After the flight on the 18th silver status should be attained
    3) Is there any issue with flights being IB instead of BA?

Something I am missing here?

ChrisC 956 posts

Whist the reduced thresholds are in place BA haven’t been been allowing the 14 day grace period to apply.

So yiu need 25 TPs before 8th June.

This article may of information

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/01/10/british-airways-tier-points-2022/

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    yonasl 952 posts

Whist the reduced thresholds are in place BA haven’t been been allowing the 14 day grace period to apply.

So yiu need 25 TPs before 8th June.

This article may of information

Big news: BA changes the rules AGAIN on how many tier points you will need to retain status

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” sandbox=”allow-scripts” security=”restricted” style=”position: absolute; clip: rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);” title=”“Big news: BA changes the rules AGAIN on how many tier points you will need to retain status” — Head for Points” src=”https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/01/10/british-airways-tier-points-2022/embed/#?secret=CaXJOelViQ&#8221; data-secret=”CaXJOelViQ” width=”500″ height=”282″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no”></iframe>

I cannot find anything on that article regarding the two weeks grace period.

It would also make no sense to remove the grace period. What makes sense is that you cannot use the grace period AND the reduced 450 TP threshold.

ChrisC 956 posts

I never said the article was about the grace period. It is however about the reduced TP requirements.

As the reduced TP threshold is still in place for your current year ending in June you can’t also have the grace period.

AJA 1,060 posts

Your other issue assuming you could get BA to agree to backdating the TP is actually getting the TP to post in the first place. You need them to post before contacting BAEC to request backdating.

But as @ChrisC says BA isn’t allowing the two week concession while it is offering the reduced TP thresholds.

There’s nothing stopping you asking BAEC but I’d go in with the expectation of a refusal.

yonasl 952 posts

Do we have confirmation that BA is not allowing the two week grace period? My understanding is that they do not allow both the two week grace period AND the reduced TPs.

If somebody recently used the grace period it would be good to learn from that experience. Too many “opinions” here not based on fact …

ChrisC 956 posts

I reiterate noone is using the grace period at the moment because BA has stopped it whilst the reduced TP theresholds are in place.

Several people both on here and on flyer talk have reported that.

Not sure what more confirmation you want.

To be honest even of they did it you’d still only be silver until July 2023 (because you will have earnt it in your 21/22 year).

If you are that desirous for silver then aim to get it in your new year when it will last until July 2024. Those 180 points would go a long way to getting that with the 450 threshold if you achieve it before 31st December

yonasl 952 posts

Just a quick update on this one:

– I applied for the two weeks grace period after ending the year with 425 TPs and gaining 180 just afterwards
    – After little bit of chasing this was applied giving me a Bronze to Silver upgrade
    – This will last until July 2024

I understand this is because I have 605 TPs (so no lower TP offer applied)

Niall 113 posts

Just a quick update on this one:

– I applied for the two weeks grace period after ending the year with 425 TPs and gaining 180 just afterwards
    – After little bit of chasing this was applied giving me a Bronze to Silver upgrade
    – This will last until July 2024

I understand this is because I have 605 TPs (so no lower TP offer applied)

Thanks yonasl for confirming! Very interesting!

yonasl 952 posts

Notice what they seem to do is not to backdate the tier points but simply upgrade your status (so my TPs for the year haven’t changed and since they are >300 I get an additional year).

This is similar to when I got the double TP BA holidays offer. My year ended and they then gave me the extra TPs which made me silver but somehow that was for 2 more extra years not one (so basically the upgrade was applied on the current year not the previous one).

I suppose the system they use cannot handle back dating which would involve recomputing all past trips. They simply upgrade you on the day and that’s it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.