Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Time to transfer Virgin Points to Hilton Honors points

• Barraclough 60 posts

I’ve transferred 40,000 Virgin points to Hilton Honors and was told when I called Virgin to make the transfer that it will take up to 30 days to complete. Does anyone know if it’s quicker than that in practice?

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    The Savage Squirrel 567 posts

I’ve transferred 40,000 Virgin points to Hilton Honors and was told when I called Virgin to make the transfer that it will take up to 30 days to complete. Does anyone know if it’s quicker than that in practice?

They do a manual sweep once a month if I remember rightly, so it could be anything from a couple of days; up to 31 days if you just missed the cutoff.

Benilyn 150 posts

I sent mine 10 Nov, arrived 8 Dec. I’ve done it in the past and has been fewer than this, so they must just sweep once or a few times a month so when it posts might be different every time.

Barraclough 60 posts

Thanks Savage Squirrel and Benilyn. Good to know. I did my transfer on 2 December so I’m hoping they will appear in Hilton Honors fairly soon.

Calculated Risk 2 posts

Never done this before – is it a good use/value of Virgin points?

Barraclough 60 posts

Rob did an article on this last September. https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/09/09/transfer-airline-miles-to-hotel-points/

Transferring Virgin points to Hilton Honors points reduces the value by up to 50% but I thought it was worth it as we are in our 70s and there is no way my wife will be flying until the pandemic is well and truly over!

cabal of rabid baboons 108 posts

Is wattsapp still the preferred method of transferring virgin points into hilton points?
    If so would somebody be kind enough to remind me of the number please?
    Many Thanks

cabal of rabid baboons 108 posts

I decided to ring the virgin customer service number ending 7747 and after a 45 minute wait the young man carried out the transfer for me.

Wally1976 188 posts

You should be able to WhatsApp Virgin on 03448747747 I believe.

glky196 7 posts

Just tried WhatsApp service but it has now been disabled. Waited 30 mins to speak to a human being on the phone

BrianN 20 posts

Why on earth do Virgin not allow you to transfer the points online?

Seems ridiculous they are forcing you to further clog up their phone lines to do things like this.

Peter K 551 posts

Why on earth do Virgin not allow you to transfer the points online?

Seems ridiculous they are forcing you to further clog up their phone lines to do things like this.

I imagine it’s to slow down the transfer of points (and therefore cash) from Virgin to an outside company (Hilton in this case).

AL 568 posts

And to avoid them having to pay out to Points.com or whoever they choose to use for as their exchange. I have had previous success booking a Hilton property with what are now VS Points via VAA Holidays. Roundabout way but doesn’t reduce the value as much.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.