Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Travel Package Certificates will be cancelled end of February

• Kowalski 105 posts

I received an email from Marriott to inform me that they will Bonvoy (cancel) my 7 night Travel Package Certificate if I do not make a booking with it by the end of February. The certificate is (was) due to expire at the end of June.

The email from Marriott said:

“You have an unredeemed Travel Package associated with your Marriott Bonvoy® account. To complete your redemption, attach your Travel Package Certificate to a reservation by February 28, 2022. For assistance, visit Member Support.

If you aren’t able to attach your Travel Package Certificate to a reservation by that date, your certificate will be canceled and the total hotel portion will be refunded to your account as Points.

As always, thank you for traveling with Marriott Bonvoy.”

My certificate is a cat 6. I wonder how many points they will issue for it? I’ve emailed to ask.

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Good question. Do you reckon they will charge the airline miles at the standard rate and give you the balance back? It would be a bit mean to do so, since the whole points of the package was to make a saving on getting both elements together.

alexb 37 posts

They have a questions and answers on there website suggesting peak rate for cat6 but in the past it has been nothing like that.

Kowalski 105 posts

Mariott replied…

“once your Travel package expired automatically on the 28th of February, you will receive 420.000 points. These points will be credited to your account on the 01st of March 2022.”

George K 287 posts

How much had you paid for it, originally?

Kowalski 105 posts

How much had you paid for it, originally?

That’s a good question, I bought it a long time ago! Looking back at my old emails, I see that I bought an old cat 8 package for 360k and an old cat 9 package for 390k. I can’t remember how they migrated the certificates from the old categories to the new ones. But regardless, I seem to be making a points profit if I let it expire! There is however a pretty big devaluation on the cards.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.