Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Tulum / Cancun hotels

• Gary 293 posts

Flying to Cancun for Christmas, looking for a family friendly hotel in either Tulum or Cancun (does not have to be all inclusive nor a particular hotel program). Budget £1000 per night if all inclusive or £800 for B&B.

1. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated.
    2. Provisionally booked Hilton Tulum all inclusive opening in Jun 2022 on Hotels.com. I have Hilton Gold fr Amex Plat but thought breakfast benefit irrelevant & upgrade unlikely as Grosvenor/presidential suites were the ones above what we booked. So went for Hotels.com giveing 12 avios per pound for exactly same price and cancellation policy as booking direct. Am I missing anything? Should I have booked direct?
    3. Any DP re Hilton Cancun all inclusive which would probably be a similar setup to Hilton Tulum? I am having some second thoughts re Hilton Tulum after reading Hilton Cancun reviews.

pointsarb 8 posts

Stayed in Hilton Cancun AI over Xmas, it’s a good property overall with above average AI food and an excellent Italian restaurant in house. Entertainment generally good (some tacky); very goods kids club; main cons are that mask wearing etc is not really enforced properly and service/food offerings went downhill after the busy Xmas week – cost cutting?

When it comes to AI it’s difficult to get the ‘lux’ experience therefore if you are looking for that I’d recommend staying away from AI. Check out JW Marriott Cancun: not AI; recently refurbished; and a very nice property overall.

Enjoy your trip!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Will in SJC 25 posts

Andaz Mayakoba. In fact, you probably can’t go wrong with any of the hotels in the Mayakoba resort. A couple are slightly older. Worth checking out.

nectar collector 281 posts

You could try the Occidental Xcaret , and add the Ultimate Xcaret Park tickets for your stay…….lots of activity options for kids and adults alike

JenT 149 posts

Xcaret was excellent – highly recommended. Let me know if you want more details.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.