Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Two booking reference when you use a 241 voucher

• CharlieUK 49 posts

I’ve just used one of my credit card vouchers and Virgin points to book two seats from LHR to LAX. The agent has given me a separate booking references for each person, which he said was normal when you use a 241 voucher. Just wondering if there are any potential downsides for not both being on the same booking reference?

Gary 293 posts

This seems to be a new oddity with VS 2-4-1 bookings. We ended up 4 booking references using 2 vouchers. Besides the annoyance, not much downside perhaps except for re-routing during flight cancellation or when airline needing to move one of you from the chosen seat, with the system failing to recognise you are together. They do “link” the references but not sure if the “system” sees it or just the CSA.

AL 569 posts

That is strange. I wonder if some agents are dealing with this in one way, and others (perhaps more tenured ones?) in the traditional route.

al_wiltshire 27 posts

Out of interest, did you use points from two accounts? I have 2 booking references for an upcoming flight, and was told it was because I was using points from 2 accounts (not in a household account) to make the booking.

CharlieUK 49 posts

Out of interest, did you use points from two accounts? I have 2 booking references for an upcoming flight, and was told it was because I was using points from 2 accounts (not in a household account) to make the booking.

No, the points were taken from just one account. I actually phoned them again yesterday to check why I was given two booking references – and was again told that it’s normal practice when using a 241 voucher.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.