Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Uber and BAEC account unlinked …. due to inactivity?

• WebWizard 5 posts

Just after 12pm today I received an email from Uber stating “Due to recent inactivity on the Uber app your Avios account has been unlinked”. I’ve had three trips I’d classify as ‘recent’, one just before Christmas and two last week however I’m yet to receive the Avios for either trip last week (and the originally promised bonus still)!

I’ve confirmed in the app that my account isn’t linked to my BAEC anymore and I’m hesitant to relink manually in-case they deny the sign-up bonus as I will have then ‘signed up’ after the offer. That said I’ve sent off a support message, just interested if anyone else has had this too..?

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,085 posts

Yes, I last used Uber 9 days ago.

Aston100 1,382 posts

I last used Uber on Saturday (and at least two trips a week in previous months), but I got this email too.

Andrew J 769 posts

Likewise. Account has unlinked and the last couple of journeys I took didn’t post. So I think it had been unlinked for a week or so before the emails went out. Very odd.

WebWizard 5 posts

Just heard back from Uber:

“Thankyou for getting in touch.
    Sorry to hear you are having difficulty with collecting your Avios points.
    We have escalated this concern to the relevant team who will look into this further.
    You should receive your Avios points within 5 days.
    If you have any further questions, please let us know and we’d be happy to help.”

Hopefully it does get to the right team and they realise it’s a wider issue…

Kieron34 8 posts

I received the same email. I last used Uber on Sunday. I thought it was a phishing email so didn’t click the link.

andyr83 1 post

I had the same email saying my account had been unlinked. I used uber on Wed and yesterday and didn’t receive any avios. I haven’t received the 250 bonus avios either, though have received them for trips before Christmas. How did you report the failure to receive the avios?

simdog 7 posts

I got the same message and had taken an uber trip just the day before. They must have had some technical glitch and used ‘inactivity’ as an excuse.

Indy500 150 posts

TBH I didn’t link for this offer as for 250 points it just wasn’t worth the hassle that I anticipated which has now come true. Same thing with the BA pre-paid card. It was, for me, a disaster. I never received the 1500 x2 bonus and, frankly, just got fed up chasing and cancelled the card. I get 250 – 500 points every week via Sainsbury’s plus booking.com and eStore as well. Life is just too short… Anyway, good luck!

Aston100 1,382 posts

Uber have to be one of the worst companies to deal with when something goes wrong.
    Their automated / copy&paste stock responses on social media are funny.

memesweeper 1,242 posts

@aston100 this is true, but certainly in London, old school mini cab firms are/were atrocious to deal with any customer service issues too. You are not their customer – the driver is.

I’ve had to involve the police following one issue. All drivers are registered and regulated by their local authority, be prepared to complain there, not Uber, if there is just cause.

If it’s an annoyance give them one star and move on. This is more of a feedback loop than the minicab firms typically provide.

Gary B 37 posts

I linked when it first started but have not received my 250 avios yet. Yesterday I made my first uber trip since linking and today the avios for the trip was deposited into my account.

ollyloosemore 6 posts

Has anyone actually received the bonus 250 Avios yet?

atcoloz 31 posts

Has anyone actually received the bonus 250 Avios yet?

Mine appeared this morning.

jamesturk 49 posts

Same – posted earlier today

Gary B 37 posts

I linked when it first started but have not received my 250 avios yet. Yesterday I made my first uber trip since linking and today the avios for the trip was deposited into my account.

I received my 250 avios on Friday.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.