Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express UK Priority Pass access

• Professor Calculus 36 posts

Hello

Is anyone aware of problems getting access in to lounges , I read somewhere for example getting in to Club Aspire Lounge in HRW Terminal 5 is a nightmare and to guarantee a spot you can pay £6pp for access.

I ask as I am due to go soon and have an AMEX Platinum card which I was hoping would gain me access .

Anyones experiences good or bad would be really helpful as the main selling point of the card was lounge access.

Thanks

Thegasman 204 posts

Your Platinum card (not the accompanying Priority Pass) will get you access to Plaza Premium lounge. This was previously significantly better than Club Aspire although it seems to have levelled down recently.

This gives you two options. Personally I wouldn’t spend £6 for Club Aspire, it’s a poor layout with weak food & beverage options. Better off going to Plane Food or F&M & having a nice meal if you can’t get into either lounge.

If you don’t pay for reservation then head straight to lounges from security so you can get your name on the waiting list asap in case they are full.

Dudulle 47 posts

Last time I went to T5 (I think that was in June) the Plaza Premium was “full”. Club Aspire had a virtual queue that was free and I got called less than 5 minutes after getting in the queue. Lots of people were giving up once they noticed you had to get on that virtual queue so it wasn’t as bad as it seemed. There’s a QR code at the entrance for the queue. Didn’t work for me but the staff put me on the list (and told me I’d probably wait 45 minutes so no worries if they say something similar)
    I do agree that there wasn’t really much choice for the food, but drinks were fine although I’m not difficult for that.

SamG 1,644 posts

For me T5 Aspire is still worth paying £6 for if I’ve got an unlimited free card but wouldn’t pay or use any limited entry slots on it !

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

For me T5 Aspire is still worth paying £6 for if I’ve got an unlimited free card but wouldn’t pay or use any limited entry slots on it !

Agree in theory – the only issue is that it simply isn’t a very big or spacious lounge and, in the case of Aspire T5, I wouldn’t even pay £6. The way the seats are arranged, which basically forces you to share a table, is also rubbish.

BajanNation 25 posts

Can you pre book the LHR T5 Plaza Premium lounge using Platinum for entrance?

cec2779 1 post

Can you pre book the LHR T5 Plaza Premium lounge using Platinum for entrance?

I’m trying to find this out. Contacted Plaza Premium lounges and they directed me to Amex, as said
    “Thus, for details on your entitlement to lounge visits and services that the card holds, please contact your Amex card issuer directly for details”
    So far Amex have not helped either, so no further on. Looks like you just have to hope it’s not busy when you want to get in 😩

George K 292 posts

Pretty sure that’s not possible at this time.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.