Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Virgin Atlantic – problems with Air France redemption

• Stephen 48 posts

Hello,

I made a reservation last night for BHX to LYS using Virgin miles (Air France) for February 2022.

I haven’t received any confirmation emails, but been billed four times on AMEX. Unfortunately, the flights are not in my flying club either.

No availability for this route today – anyone know if these flights are likely to be held?

Thanks,

AL 569 posts

We would all be speculating.

I suspect that VAA might have had some IT issues yesterday. I was charged for an UC upgrade, but didn’t receive a confirmation. When I arrived this AM at the UC Wing, I was told that my flight had been rescheduled. That transpired to be a change in booking class. But, then, there was no ticket assigned to me. A call to Central Ticketing fixed that, but it’s funny that you’ve had a ticketing issue, too.

I would suggest that you contact VAA for their view. If there’s low redemption availability, then the sooner you do that, the better…

billyrayvalentine 25 posts

Hey @Stephen.

Did you find BHX – LYS to be value for money? What was the tax like?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.