Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Virgin Card cannot transfer to Flying Club

• can 506 posts

I’ve recently got a virgin atlantic credit card. I’ve kept receiving the automated emails from the Card that says they couldn’t transfer the points. I rang them, they said all in order, call Atlantic. Obviously, it is a 90min wait and I gave up after 20min on hold.

Anyone had this experience? what would be a mismatch between my credit card account and flying club account? I checked it all, it seems all fine.

degsy 152 posts

My wife had that – the names on the two accounts didn’t exactly match (can’t remember specifically what it was but it was very minor – may have been a middle initial on one v full middle name on the other). Check everything really carefully and hopefully you’ll spot what’s causing it.
    Anyway she had to go into a Virgin bank branch to resolve it – she got the account there changed so it was a full match.
    Good luck

can 506 posts

Thanks. I looked at everything and couldn’t figure it out. I am not even sure what to ask at the virgin money branch :/

AL 579 posts

Thanks. I looked at everything and couldn’t figure it out. I am not even sure what to ask at the virgin money branch :/

Go to your VAA FC account online, or in the app, and check the name in the profile. Go in to the branch with ID and ask that the name on your account is updated to match that on your VAA FC account.

can 506 posts

Thanks

can 506 posts

saga continues [of course]
    data point: don’t go to virgin money branches. they have got no clue about virgin credit cards. they said their system does not allow access to the credit cards.
    so i ended up spending an hour, with no result..

well, more hourse to waste, I called virgin money, they said it is a date of birth mismatch, which does not seem like the case because, as I am looking at both apps, both have the correcte DoB.

it is just stupidly insane.

edwinsmith 3 posts

I am having a similar problem in that my Flying Club account was regularly updated every month but stopped in March. I even managed to facilitate a 3 way telephone conversation between myself, Virgin credit card people and someone from Virgin Atlantic Flying Club when the cc person confirmed the points for March were showing on their records. As a result, the Flying Club guy said it was obviously an issue at their end and would email the relevant people and get it sorted. That was on the 14th April and it is still unresolved. It subsequently transpired that April’s points haven’t been transferred.

can 506 posts

Thanks @edwinsmith. I am not at that point but flying club people promised me to escalate it.
    But they made a good point. I’ve had a virgin card 2 years ago and it all worked. Flying club said since it worked before it is not us.
    Fingers crossed.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

data point: don’t go to virgin money branches. they have got no clue about virgin credit cards. they said their system does not allow access to the credit cards.

well, more hourse to waste, I called virgin money, they said it is a date of birth mismatch, which does not seem like the case because, as I am looking at both apps, both have the correcte DoB.

it is just stupidly insane.

Maybe one of them has the date in American format?
    Have you changed home address or email address or phone number?

can 506 posts

Nope the day of my dob is bigger than 12, so it won’t do. Plus virgin puts the month as a word not as a number.
    I checked everything in both apps. Everything.

Andrew. 481 posts

What kind of Virgin Money branch was it?

As I understand it, if it’s a legacy Yorkshire or Clydesdale branch, they have access to a wider range of features and applications on their iB platform as clearing bank branches than the legacy Virgin branches.

can 506 posts

What kind of Virgin Money branch was it?

As I understand it, if it’s a legacy Yorkshire or Clydesdale branch, they have access to a wider range of features and applications on their iB platform as clearing bank branches than the legacy Virgin branches.

It was my neighbourhood virgin money branch in London. I don’t think it was a legacy Y or C branch.

Do you have the Virgin red app? Are the points there?

can 506 posts

I have the virgin credit card app. The points are there.

You need to signup for the red app as all points accumulate there.

can 506 posts

You need to signup for the red app as all points accumulate there.

I am not sure that’s necessarily true that I need to have a Red account. I’d like to deal with the issue by keeping it between the credit card and flying club.

Igo2DaMax3 2 posts

I’ve been having the same problem for weeks. According to both the credit card and Flying Club, all the details match, but it just won’t link.My Virgin Red app linked to my Flying Club is showing just fine. I’ve tried phone calls and web chats. Don’t know what else to do.

Ingking 38 posts

Well I also have the same issue. Just got accepted for the rewards+ card. Got an email saying that they don’t match. Phone up. They say phone flying club as date of birth doesn’t match. I can’t even see my DOB on the Flying Club website. Thought it would be simple to resolve but this thread hasn’t inspired me with confidence.
    Not a great start to my new card. I ignored warnings about the bad CS and IT because the SUB made it worth it. But if I can’t get the points…

can 506 posts

I’ve been having the same problem for weeks. According to both the credit card and Flying Club, all the details match, but it just won’t link.My Virgin Red app linked to my Flying Club is showing just fine. I’ve tried phone calls and web chats. Don’t know what else to do.

Escalate it to an official complaint. Then they will say that IT will take a look at the case in 10days or so.
    Now I am waiting for their IT to look at my case.

Guernsey Globetrotter 588 posts

So the Flying Club and Virgin Finance tie up no longer works. The household accounts do not work. I was told by several agents on various calls / chats over the last few weeks that the airline’s IT ‘upgrade’ has resulted in reduced functionality, with actions that were previously easy to achieve now impossible for them… another “improvement for the worse” 😣

mrcrsearle 99 posts

I had the same issue for weeks! The problem was very simple. My Virgin airmiles account had my middle name & my CC did not. I got it removed & it worked. Everyday an email or text. Numerous phone calls.

can 506 posts

Mine works now too.
    Escalated as a complaint to IT and they fixed it in a few weeks.
    Utter waste of time to call them but not much else to do

Peter K 553 posts

My Virgin flying club account won’t link to shops away or Tesco and hasn’t for weeks. It’s clearly a Virgin Atlantic issue.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.