Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Housekeeping Welcome to the HfP forums!

Welcome to the HfP forums!

• MC-1337

Although this doesn’t look too bad on mobile, is there an app that is good for viewing forums with?

UrsaMinor

Hello Everyone – pleased to be here.

TrainDriverSparky

Hello World! Nice to see the HfP Forums have launched!

froggitt

Good morning. Not a bot.

danimal

It would probably increase your engagement massively – after a few days your post is just lost in pages of replies so it takes effort to hunt it down on the off chance someone has replied.

Colin

Nice to be on HfP Forum.

DanGK

Can you track read / unread per user? Maybe threads with unread posts in bold? And immediate scroll to unread posts when clicking on the post?

Liz

I have never used a forum before and haven’t got a scooby what I am doing!

RussellH

I would be surprised, Liz, if you were the only one.

I sort of know what they do, but have always found them more or less unusable. And I never had the problems finding things on the oringinal HfP.
    So far I am also having to use a browser that I no longer like to have to use to log in, which obviously puts me off too.

The real problem to my mind is that they insist on breaking the structure up into pages – currently 9 of them.

That is more than enough to have to search through. When it is 50 pages it is impossible.

Why, oh why not have one page so that what you search for can be found in one go?

Harrods

Implementation on this website has always been underwhelming lol, from the new website redesign, to this “forum”. Dark mode in the works for 2024 I suppose.

Lady London

Not seeing where the button is, just to see Recent Posts across any (all) topic.

swintonowl

Sorry posted to the wrong thread!

• This reply was modified 52 years, 6 months ago by .
    Tarmohamed

On iPhone XS Max, to “quote” a post, I need to press the “hamburger” menu button on the post to reveal the one and only “quote” button.

pureshtuyot

Search forum:

Hi Rhys, Thank you for your tireless input for the benefit of the HFP community.

Is there a possibility to add a search option to search a particular thread, to search whether something has already been discussed or to search for responses to my post etc.?

Jill Kinkell

If I want a forum , then Flyertalk is the place to go. Don’t see why those who shouted loudest on HfP CAnt go there for all their info etc. . I hate the new arrangements. It certainly doesn’t lend itself to iPad mini, layout, print, Format is horrible. I’m far from enjoying my breakfast since this all started.Great, can’t even find the submit button.

Jill Kinkell

That was a reply to Liz

MD

If I want a forum , then Flyertalk is the place to go. Don’t see why those who shouted loudest on HfP CAnt go there for all their info etc. . I hate the new arrangements. It certainly doesn’t lend itself to iPad mini, layout, print, Format is horrible. I’m far from enjoying my breakfast since this all started.Great, can’t even find the submit button.

For someone who doesn’t like forums, you’re sure posting on it a lot. 🙂

Rui N.

@Rhys, just FYI and it case that matters, this thread doesn’t seem to show up on the “recent topics” page.

Barraclough

Search forum:

Hi Rhys, Thank you for your tireless input for the benefit of the HFP community.

+1 the foregoing comment.

Barraclough

Implementation on this website has always been underwhelming lol, from the new website redesign, to this “forum”. Dark mode in the works for 2024 I suppose.

Unlike BA’s implementation whose IT upgrades and changes are faultless?

Supergers49

Is it possible to buy Amazon Gift Cards in Morrisons using a Morrisons’ eGift Card?

cabal of rabid baboons

The idea of the forum was I believe to form a database of regularly asked questions to avoid repetition.
    It is failing because nobody is answering any questions.
    With the old daily chat once you had filtered out the covid deniers and Boris bashers you used to get a marvellous pool of knowledge with Rob and Rhys often adding their input.

Lady London

I like the two new tabs on the main forum page : Recent Topics and Forums.

Since the community here is part of the forum’s uniqueness I would almost have dared put the Recent Posts tab on the left side of the line and the Index by Topic or List of Topics or Topics or categories or Forum button – whatever tab label indicates finding things by subject area rather than by Post Recency – perhaps at the far right margin.

Getting much clearer and nice to see a number of new people posting this week.

Lady London

Oh…er *not happy*. For the 2nd time in 2 days, it’s lost a good edit painstakingly typed.

It will let you open to Edit but if it takes a while tp type the edit, as it does for the more than 50% of us on phones, it just loses the edit if the Save ends up being done over the 5 minutes.

If it lets you open it to Edit, it should let you save it whenever that is. Not just lose it and waste the time I spent typing it.

Please fix this.

ringingup

Anyone tempted by the SLH gift cards currently offered with a 20% discount?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.