Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios “welcome to your Premier account”

• masaccio 715 posts

Just had an email starting:

Now that you’re a part of Premier Banking, we want to help you get started with your account and make the most of the benefits.

Eh, what? I cancelled it within a couple of weeks because customer service was so shite. What is this now?

They’re not listed in my ClearScore account so is this an IT brainfart or some nonsense associated with the credit card?

Gary_Dexter 130 posts

I got the same, although I recently opened an account.

Stumped by the “An exclusive black debit card” part as they sent me a standard blue one!

dougzz99 626 posts

I got the same, although I recently opened an account.

Stumped by the “An exclusive black debit card” part as they sent me a standard blue one!

I have the black one, but colour is so what. I like the way the offer the ability to get your own money as a benefit. It’s a pretty short list too.

duggie1982 261 posts

Yeah, i got the black card too but sent away for the personalised one as I wanted mine to be black with sparkly bits 🙂 got that one and the card is thinner and bends easily now so shouldn’t have bothered

ClubSmed 170 posts

I also received a blue card rather than a black one

Paul 133 posts

Opened a premier account and persevered with the tortuous procedure, including a visit to branch for the sake of 100,000 Avios. Having done so was promptly rejected for the credit card as I had had one previously. I appealed and despite everything including meeting every criteria they have said no. So I have closed the Premier account.

Given the nature of those who qualify for this I have been surprised at the dire service. The app make BA look good, the staff are delightful but even they were exasperated by the processes.

I am diss appointed to have missed out on 100,000 Avios but think I might have dodged a bullet with Barclays overall

aq.1988 456 posts

I also received this email today.

I was an existing Barclays customer, so my process of upgrading was a bit easier than most.

Although there is mention of a black debit card, I have not received it yet. Being able to withdraw £1k from a cash machine is something I will probably never has a use for, so I won’t bother chasing for it.

masaccio 715 posts

All very bizarre – I opened and close my account about a year ago so no idea why this has appeared. Seems like I will need to call them and suffer the pain.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.