Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club When will Book With Confidence be extended?

• Autofocus 6 posts

Currently 31st august I believe. Wondering how many are booking revenue flights & holidays beyond that ?

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    190 posts

I wouldn’t bet on it being extended, to be honest.

tomahawk 71 posts

This has actually got worse as far as I can see since the sale on Dec 16th. I booked a BA holiday a few weeks ago, paid a small deposit and do not have to pay the rest until 3 weeks before departure. I can also cancel the holiday completely at any point up til then and get a voucher for the deposit. So far so good.

I booked another holiday a couple of days ago and its changed. You still pay the small deposit, but the date at which you cancel is now 4 weeks before departure. However, the date at which the balance is due is now 7 weeks before departure meaning that you can either make your decision at 7 weeks and get a voucher for your deposit, or wait until the 4 week point but then you will get lumped with a voucher for the full value of the holiday. Quite a difference. I don’t mind having a voucher for £250, but certainly don’t want one for £10k or whatever, so effectively the decision point is now at 7 weeks before departure, and a lot can happen in 7 weeks!

Certainly not booking any holidays after 31st August either.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.