Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy When will top up on award certs become available?

• MilesOnPoint 80 posts

A new feature starting this year allows you to top up Marriott Award certs with up to an additional 15,000 points.

Any news on when this will go live? Marriott website just says “early 2022”

This feature will be handy for those of us who got those 35K award certs from the promo last year, this top up would enable redemption for much better hotels (eg: 50K points per night).

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Quick update on this – now seems very unlikely it will happen before Marriott moves to revenue-based redemption pricing in March. Could even be later, apparently.

MilesOnPoint 80 posts

Ah, how frustrating!

Thanks for the update though @Rob, much appreciated.

I have a 35K award cert I was hoping to “top up” for a stay at the Langley before it expires at the end of June… 😔

meta 1,427 posts

Better use my 3 certificates then. Not sure where to go for a longish weekend break to get an outsized value. Was thinking Bucharest, but the cash rates are low.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.