Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Covid travel Will a positive NHS LFT without PCR confirmation provide proof of recovery cert?

Will a positive NHS LFT without PCR confirmation provide proof of recovery cert?

• reddom

does anyone know if an NHS reported LFT positive that was not confirmed by PCR can be used to generate a certificate of recovery that would be accepted for eu entry, or does it need confirming with a PCR for this?

NorthernLass

I think I read that there is something in the NHS app which shows this and is regarded as proof of recovery, however it will still depend on the rules of individual countries – Spain isn’t accepting proof of recovery any more, for example, unless you’re an EU national or have an exemption to enter the country.

reddom

You can definitely get a proof of recovery certificate in the NHS App. The question is whether you can get this from Just an LFD test, or whether you need to have PCR confirmation for this. Does it affect whether you can get the certificate?

• This reply was modified 53 years, 1 month ago by .
    The real Swiss Tony

It would seem somewhat flawed if you can get the recovery certificate from just an LFT…

TGLoyalty

Would get the PCR because as above anyone can say their LFT was positive …

• This reply was modified 53 years, 1 month ago by .
    Tracey

Now that PCR testing has been withdrawn in England, how is it possible to get an NHS recovery certificate?

Thegasman

Now that PCR testing has been withdrawn in England, how is it possible to get an NHS recovery certificate?

Why would anyone need one domestically now? I would imagine the government have no interest in providing a system purely to satisfy the whims of overseas governments & British citizens who wish to visit?

If you foresee the need to travel somewhere prone to frequent changes in entry requirements like Spain & get Covid I’d suggest paying Randox etc £60 for a PCR confirmation which should suffice.

Jill Kinkell

We had Covid tested via LFD. had PCR confirmation. Scottish app now shows recovery certificate after the 10 days isolation..
    We needed the recovery cert to show before boarding a river cruise. The company came back to us this week saying no longer needed.

Tracey

Why would anyone need one domestically now? I would imagine the government have no interest in providing a system purely to satisfy the whims of overseas governments & British citizens who wish to visit?

If you foresee the need to travel somewhere prone to frequent changes in entry requirements like Spain & get Covid I’d suggest paying Randox etc £60 for a PCR confirmation which should suffice.

It won’t suffice if you need proof of recovery if you test positive within weeks of having covid.

Thegasman

I’m saying if I was going on a cruise etc in 3 weeks where I expected to have to provide a negative PCR & I got Covid today then I would get a Randox PCR ordered today & send it off ASAP. You then have lab proof of Covid infection. You wouldn’t get an NHS recovery certificate but this should be accepted in lieu.

Tracey

I’m saying if I was going on a cruise etc in 3 weeks where I expected to have to provide a negative PCR & I got Covid today then I would get a Randox PCR ordered today & send it off ASAP. You then have lab proof of Covid infection. You wouldn’t get an NHS recovery certificate but this should be accepted in lieu.

I want the NHS recovery certificate. It doesn’t seem there is an easy way of doing this.

Unless anyone has an NHS PCR test lying around?……..
    Apparently some people were randomly sent one with boxes of LFTs in the past few weeks.

Tracey

I want the NHS recovery certificate. It doesn’t seem there is an easy way of doing this.

Unless anyone has an NHS PCR test lying around?……..
    Apparently some people were randomly sent one with boxes of LFTs in the past few weeks.

I’ve sourced one locally now.

Birdy

Spain isn’t accepting proof of recovery any more, for example, unless you’re an EU national or have an exemption to enter the country.

Spain does accept proof of recovery for UK residents travelling from the UK

https://www.sanidad.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/spth.htm

jjoohhnn

My NHS GP offer these for £50 a pop so just requested one for my 3yr old daughter. My GP has a thing about it on website, so maybe check your GP?

john

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.